Completed ORIGEN AE S10V+G45 Mobo HTPC (1 Viewer)

skalman

Portal Member
June 25, 2007
Hi Patrick. Interested in your S10v and mobo experience as I'm about to do the samething myself. Some questions if you don't mind:

- How quiet is it? 60mm fans are a bit of a concern but from reviews they seem to be "quiet". How quiet - any comparisons?
- Can you control the case fan speed? Are they PWM'able, eg: by hooking up to CPU fan control.
- What DVD drive did you go with? Fit OK. Did you find a Blu-Ray drive?
- Have you tried a passive PSU as well (like Silverstone ST30NF). Would love to know if that could live in this case.
- Did you find a good price on the case?

Was going to send this as personal msg but I suspect others will be interested.

Thanks.

N.

I use a S10V with Silverstone ST30NF and Gigabyte E7AUM-DS2H, the psu gets quite hot but i haven't had any problems related to heat so far.

The fans are really quiet and i only use 2 of them (1 on each side) so i'm very pleased with the noise (or the lack of any).

Here's some pictures of my case and the display in action: Minhembio.com - Hemma hos AdrianTepes - Min första lägenhet!

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I use this case as well in combination with a Gigabyte E7AUM motherboard and a Intel e5200 CPU. I use the stock cooler controlled with SpeedFan. I have a small 40mm cooler lying on the GPU and one of the exhaust fans is spinning. I use an SSD, so no need to cool the hard drive. The PS is by PC Power with an 80 mm fan. I can say this is the quietest PC I have ever build. You cannot hear it unless you put your ear to it.
    I got the VFD working today. I described what I did here: Post.

Anyway, loving the case. It looks really good. Got a Optiarc 5600 slot in bluray player from ebay for $100, so it is fully functional.

Nielsen

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2004
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    To nanoflower and visuatrox

I have a few questions that I hope you will answer.
    I’m asking because I might build a setup like yours.

Are you still satisfied with your setup?
    Where did you buy the ORIGEN AE S10V HTPC Case in Denmark?
    Can you play and record HD at the same time?
    What TV-card is installed?
    do you think XP will do on that setup?

thanks in advance
    Nielsen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom