(original thread) MP-TVSeries (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    zeflash,

Great Job!!

I do have a small problem though.
    I have two series that do not show any series or episode summaries in the MP GUI.
    The series banners and season art show fine and the series or episode
    summaries are in the configuration just not showing up in MP.

Both are in the TVDB:
    http://tvdb.zsori.com/?tab=series&id=79389
    http://tvdb.zsori.com/?tab=series&id=72589

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    patrick

Hi Patrick!

I had the same problem with some of my series.
    The problem is that tvdb.zsori.com haven't scraped tv.com correctly for the Genre of the series.
    And this plugin expects a value for the Genre, otherwise it doesn't show correctly.

To solve the problem with the series for everyone go to tvdb.zsori.com and enter the correct Genre from tv.com.
    The other way is to enter the Genre in MP-TV Series under Details, "your show", Genre.

Hope this solves your problem

Jimmy

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Patrick!

The problem is that tvdb.zsori.com haven't scraped tv.com correctly for the Genre of the series.
    And this plugin expects a value for the Genre, otherwise it doesn't show correctly.

To solve the problem with the series for everyone go to tvdb.zsori.com and enter the correct Genre from tv.com.
    The other way is to enter the Genre in MP-TV Series under Details, "your show", Genre.

Jimmy

Thanks! I will check it out tonight.
    Since it did not scrape the genre correctly the first time, if I correct it in the online tvdb
    will it just get overwritten again on the next tv.com scrape?

Thanks again,
    patrick

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    no if you correct it on tvdb then on your next local scan it will port the files just fine.

because mp-tvseries will onlly scan tvdb

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Found a minor bug:

Remember how files on NAS or shares "lose" their first letter on import ?

Yeah, sadly this messes up the alphabetical order when displaying series....

On my htpc it looks something like that :

Battelstar Galactica (from alactica)
    Alias
    Malcolm in the middle (from alcolm...)
    Andromeda
    Band of brothers (from and of ...)
    Scrubs
    Eureka

I think you get the picture.

But anyway, great plugin !

mcbelly

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Patrick!

Jimmy

Seems like I got this problem with moist of my series as well (haven´t checked all of them), but the "Genre" field in tvdb.szori.com and MP are identical (copy+paste).
    Series are for example : all Star Trek, Babylon 5, Andromeda, 24... Can anyone confirm this or is it just me ?

mcbelly

/edit
    Just did a quick check and I do not get any episode information. And yes, I did uncheck "Do not show info on unwatched files"
    /edit

mst3kroqs

Portal Member
    August 15, 2006
    Hi Patrick!

Jimmy
    Hi Jimmy -

Well, this sounded like a great explanation and fix, but it just doesn't seem to be the case. I mean, if it worked for you - that's great, but taking "24" for example, I looked the series up on TV.COM, and it is Action/Adventure. On tvdb, it is also Action/Adventure.

These episodes have episode summaries on tvdb, but they are not imported. I even deleted and then re-imported the series just to make sure.

It just seems as if the episode import function is broken for *all* of the series here. After zeroing my database, and then doing a full re-import, *none* of the episode summaries are imported.

zeflash -

FYI, I am using 0.5c.

Thanks!

-m

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    First off i'd like to say this is a very good plugin, despite only having a few series ripped to my hard drive, i use it as often as myvideos.

I downloaded v.5c and tried to reskin the xml for the skin i'm using. I had a problem with the textboxscrollup controls for Title, Genre and Description (ids 40, 33 and 31). I was able to change their xpos, height and width, but changing ypos had no effect.

I also had a problem with the graphical list; changing the width seemed to be the only way to effect the texture height. Which makes sense since the image banners are of a fixed height and width. The icon y and x offset tags also seemed to do nothing. Seeing how the banners are fixed in aspect ratio, i would like to eliminate some unused area around each of the images so that i can another line or two of list on the first screen.

One other question (sorry for all the comments), but i couldn't get the Back and View-As buttons to appear in regular and widescreen bluetwo. Even tho they are part of the xml, are they no longer being used?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Uries

Portal Member
    June 27, 2006
    This is the best thing since sliced bread. I couldnt seem to get the predecessor to this up and running and then I found MP-TVSeries.

The problem I am coming across now is that many of my files are named in different formats. The series that have episode info tied into the epg file display something like 304 for the season/episode. Others that don't display simply a dash.

For example, a recent show I recorded on NBC is displayed as,
    Heroes - - Six Months Ago
    However when recorded on SciFi it is displayed as
    Heroes - 07 - Six Months Ago

The "07" version works perfectly with my regex tag, however I cannot get any files with <series> - - - <title> or <series> - <title> imported properly into the db.

Is there any way to import series if episode number is missing from the name?

Bobb25

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2006
    Durban
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    This is the best thing since sliced bread. I couldnt seem to get the predecessor to this up and running and then I found MP-TVSeries.

The problem I am coming across now is that many of my files are named in different formats. The series that have episode info tied into the epg file display something like 304 for the season/episode. Others that don't display simply a dash.

For example, a recent show I recorded on NBC is displayed as,
    Heroes - - Six Months Ago
    However when recorded on SciFi it is displayed as
    Heroes - 07 - Six Months Ago

The "07" version works perfectly with my regex tag, however I cannot get any files with <series> - - - <title> or <series> - <title> imported properly into the db.

Is there any way to import series if episode number is missing from the name?

One of the guys earlier (ccMatrix i think) has developed a tool to rename episodes... works like a charm. I renamed all my episodes (over 2500) with this so i wouldnt have any issues.

zeflash - With the latest version, i have tried numerous combinations of options but still do not have any of the episode summeries showing in MP. It is just blank where it used to have the summary of the ep on the left hand side.

Other than that the plugin works like a charm and i look forward to your future versions! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom