[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (5 Viewers)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Wow, this looks great. I'd volunteer to test, but I'm out of town for the next couple of weeks and it sounds like you'll be long done by the time I get back. Keep up the good work!

mellroc

Portal Member
    January 12, 2009
    I'd love to help test this.
    Between working Netflix and other streaming app being worked on, Mediaportal is now feature complete for me..
    :D

KrunkKracker

Portal Member
    June 8, 2007
    Good luck with this. Unfortunately I have no experience developing, but you have my support anyways, lol. I am hoping so much that a Netflix plugin is successfully created.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update....

We had a few issues testing last night, but happily I got out a few new versions to testers today. I want to send out a BIG thanks to Blitzkrg, his testing has helped move us along quickly... :)

We are still working though a few minor issues, but I released a new version to the testers tonight and hope to say on track with the first initial public release tomorrow.

Wile E.

mellroc

Portal Member
    January 12, 2009
    Is this plugin still on track for getting released today?

I'm giddy at the thought that I might be able to finally stream Netflix from MediaPortal:D

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Is this plugin still on track for getting released today?

I'm giddy at the thought that I might be able to finally stream Netflix from MediaPortal:D

Yes... Im working on some final tweaks now... It may be late, but it will be there :)

A few things to keep in mind...
    1. Please make sure your framework is up to 3.5 (Thanks to keith 2045 for this!!!)
    2. You will be able to launch the watch now into IE (so far only tried with Silverlight), but the main conrol of IE will have to be with a mouse or keyboard. (This is until we get some sort of Girder or Event Ghost set up)

Update....

I have put the download link as well as other important information on the first post... Happy NetFlixing!!!

mellroc

Portal Member
    January 12, 2009
    SWEET!

OK, I got it running..
    Here's some requests
    1. Is it possible to have it start IE in full screen mode?
    2. Could you make the enter key start the movie? It took me a minute to figure out I had to go to info to actually play the movie.

And some more bugs/feedback
    1. I couldn't get it to run initially. Some testing finally showed that Silverlight does not work in 64 bit IE. When you try to play the movie, it it just sits. Changing the path to 32bit IE worked great.
    2. The right arrow key consistently crashes MP on the instant queue movie selection when you first get to that screen.
    3. You might want to tell users where to find it in the streamed MP editor in the instructions.

Otherwise, I'm stoked to see it working!

keith2045

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2006
    Missouri
    Home Country
    2. You will be able to launch the watch now into IE (so far only tried with Silverlight), but the main conrol of IE will have to be with a mouse or keyboard. (This is until we get some sort of Girder or Event Ghost set up)

After thinking about it i dont think we need to use a third party utility to control playback. Since MP is still listening for user input you can have the pause (or whatever button) button move the mouse to a certain point and click, and you could have a calibration portion, so if the button moves then all the user would have to do is recalibrate it. I'm using this in my plugin, so if you have questions let me know. Just a thought

I'll try and keep this small (feature requests).
    1) Move the mouse off screen when playing videos
    2) A way to browse for watch instantly videos
    3) This is probably an netflix api issue, but is it possible for TV series to browse the episodes?

Great plugin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom