OS not supported error with Win 8 Preview. (1 Viewer)

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just installed the 8.1 preview and the only program so far that doesn't work is MP 1.4.
    I get the OS not supported error.
    Is there a chance a patch or quick fix might be put out, or should I restore my backup?

Thanks,
    Tamvegas

riggnix

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Have you tried Compatability Mode for Windows 8?
    Sounds like a simple version check to me...

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Version is just unknown. And come on, it is a preview that is just out for what 48h? And you upgrade a production system. Preview are for testing, so you install them in a VM.

Update in the source will come as soon as a developer hacks in the new version...

Last edited:

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Have you tried Compatability Mode for Windows 8?
    Sounds like a simple version check to me...
    Yes thank you, tried Win8 compatibility mode. Definitely a simple version check error.

Version is just unknown. And come on, it is a preview that is just out for what 48h? And you upgrade a production system. Preview are for testing, so you install them in a VM.

Update in the source will come as soon as a developer hacks in the new version...

Correct Scythe, it is a preview. And isn't that how we check for compatibility? Like testing every alpha, beta and RC of MP for the past 5 years or so?
    As I said, if a quick patch is coming, I'll wait. If not a restore will happen in short order and I'll have a full backup of the Preview.

And if it might help anyone who might want it, attached is a zip of the MP log files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom