OSD clock in TV and Video (1 Viewer)

M

malte71

Hi, I have one simple request:

I would like to have a clock showing the current time in the OSD of TV and Video.

I know there is a clock on the start page of media portal. But when you're watching TV and wait for another program to start or you have to leave at a particular time or whatever it would be very convenient to just check the time in the OSD.

Best regards,
Malte

M

malte71

Okay, thanks for the hint, now I've got clocks all over the place.

Snedig

Portal Member
July 1, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
If I understand you correctly, you want a clock to pop up when showing the OSD for the currently playing program?

This is integrated into several skins as far as I know, I myself use StreamedMP, which has a clock in the top left hand corner on all menus and in the OSD.

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
August 4, 2010
In StreamedMP, the clock is hidden when watching fullscreen video (live TV, moving pictures, MP-TV series). I want the clock showing all the time, so if I'm watching something, and want to know the time, I don't have to show the OSD.
Since posting, I have figured out how to do it for StreamedMP, but it would be nice for it to be an optional feature of the skin.

spranz

Portal Member
June 10, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
YES !!! I search the same feature. clock on the screen during watching tv !

i will not use the remote controll for looking the time !

can somebody programm a plugin or so.....

windykiwis

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
FYI I achieved this by having a windows Clock gadget on my desktop, but selecting it to "always be on top". I played with the opaque setting so its visible but not too noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Sorry to disappoint you but Media Portal only offers recording and scheduled recording for TV broadcast over SAT, Cable or OTA. It does support viewing of some streamed content, Netflix and Amazon Prime I believe and a host of free content dependant on your location, e.g. BBC in the UK and German Channels in Germany via the Online...
Sorry to disappoint you but Media Portal only offers recording and scheduled recording for TV broadcast over SAT, Cable or OTA. It...
Please help, I will donate. So much info out there and get into the weeds. CURRENT CONFIG: I have an Older UnSmart TV (RCA-Great...
Replies
Views
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
Replies
Views
Hi ge2301 I wasnt 100% clear above - when I said everything was now working other than displaying TV, I also meant that 'videos' still didnt play. But the client attached to the server OK and can do everything except play TV programs (and videos) - the screen with the player controls loads (and fade away as normal after 10s) just...
Hi ge2301 I wasnt 100% clear above - when I said everything was now working other than displaying TV, I also meant that 'videos'...
Hi i just upgraded my motherboard and drive and installed a replacement copy (server and client) of MP2.4. all works perfectly...
Replies
Views
No this setting is disabled I have disabled this as suggested. I doubt it will change anything but I will give it a go. I was hoping that the supplied log files "might" pinpoint the issue?
No this setting is disabled I have disabled this as suggested. I doubt it will change anything but I will give it a go. I was...
I have had on intermittent occasions over various MP releases where I've suddenly lost the video stream to the TV. This normally...
Replies
Views
I am using Media Portal 2 and I use XMLTV to download programming schedules from Schedules Direct. I have it set up to use the "tv_grab_na_dd" grabber by executing the command: xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 10 --output tvguide.xml The command properly downloads the schedules but the times are based on GMT (+0000); I have the line...
I am using Media Portal 2 and I use XMLTV to download programming schedules from Schedules Direct. I have it set up to use the...
I am using Media Portal 2 and I use XMLTV to download programming schedules from Schedules Direct. I have it set up to use the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom