OSD Too Low when using VRM9 (1 Viewer)

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
I have a small issue with the osd. When I use EVR in vista the osd is perfectly positions but I get some tearing. When I switch to VRM9 the OSD is too low. The skip amount or the word "paused" is cut off half way. I tried to go to the settings and change the position but that seems to have no effect. If anyone has any ideas it would be helpful.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
Ok thank you for that. I was not using AERO, I will give it a try and report back.

That worked perfectly. Thanks so much! It is still odd that when I use VRM9 that the OSD is set too low. If anyone else with vista can give it a try and see if it happens it might be helpful to figure out.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    anyone else with vista can give it a try and see if it happens it might be helpful to figure out.

hi again

This is just not supported, so users of Vista really need to use EVR + AERO theme, main thing is, make sure that drivers use 0-255 as colourspace in drivers, so black is black, not grey.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    make sure that drivers use 0-255 as colourspace in drivers, so black is black, not grey.

This is only important if your TV or Monitor uses this colorspace. Usually you set the colorspace the same on both devices to have correct black levels. Many modern TVs are also able to set the colorspace.

jackflack

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2008
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am using full aero as far as i know and i am getting tearing as of about 2-3 weeks ago. I thinki t was when i went to the newest streamedMP. So I tried VRM9 for the heck of it and it fixed the tearing.

So then i took a brand new PC running Vista64 with the same 3.9 aero score and installed MP 1.0 and StreamedMP-0.4.298 and I got the exact same tearing problems.

Machine one is a Intel G35 chipset and the other is a Geforce 8400gs. I can't see how I can get tearing on two differernt machines with installs 3 weeks apart and the only thing in common is MP 1.0, StreamedMP-0.4.298, and Aero score of 3.9

I can see if the 2nd machine I didn't turn an aero setting on, but machine one was using EVR ever since the black background bug and was running fine until this last major upgrade.

If there is something i need to activate or recheck, let me know. If i need to reactivate EVR and creat a log I can do that too.

-jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom