OTA MPG for Satalite (3 Viewers)

xPETEZx

Portal Member
August 6, 2010
Home Country
England England
Thanks for your continued support, apologise for missing your questions.

I have a theory. Prior to my TV server stopping completely, the DVB-S2 card worked find, apart from the EPG.
The USB card has a Green LED on the front when its locked to a channel. After having much trouble with the card when I first got it, and running various different drivers and Beta's to make it work it eventually worked fine bar the EPG.
However I noted that the Green LED was always lit, even when not watching anything. As if the card was still locked to a channel.
However in MediaPortal it never showed it as locked to anything.

Ever since repairing my TV server, the cards green light now goes out when you stop streaming a channel. I can then see it go to start grabbing EPG for channels.
However after a while, the card will always return "No Signal" when you attempt to tune another channel.

A stop/start of the TV service resolves this, but only for a short while.

I am not sure whats going on.

I have tried to capture both scenarios using watchdog. I also exported all other available logs. (2 sets using Watchdog, 1 set the contents of the TVserver\log folders)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

I'm disappointed that you still haven't answered my questions. Anyhow, thanks to the log files I can see that your EPG grabber configuration is wrong.

In this post I linked to instructions describing how you should configure the EPG grabber:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/ota-mpg-for-satalite.132445/#post-1156972

In your response you said:
    Those settings are all set as described in your link.

The log files show that this is not true. Specifically: in the TV and radio EPG grabber configuration (as shown here and here) you should only have two channels ticked:
    • one 24 hour DVB-T/T2 channel, for grabbing EPG for the DVB-T/T2 channels
    • one 24 hour DVB-S/S2 channel, for grabbing EPG for the DVB-S/S2 channels

Please start by checking and fixing your EPG grabber configuration.
    I'm making a big deal about this because based on past experience with TBS tuners, I suspect that resolving the problems with your EPG grabber configuration will resolve the other "no signal" problems you mentioned.

xPETEZx

Portal Member
    August 6, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Apologies, after I re-installed MediaPortal, I must have re-checked "All" on the EPG page.

I have now changed it so just 1 DVB-T and 1 DVB-S channel is checked.

This appeared to work great initially, but unfortunately the "No Signal" issue came back later.

Again stop/starting the service gets it to work again.

attached are just the TV Server logs. Can grab client logs again too if that helps.

Appreciate the help.

Attachments

• log2.zip
      2.8 MB

xPETEZx

Portal Member
    August 6, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Ok I think I got the bottom of the issue, just not sure how to fix.

It appears that DVB-S will work as long as I do not tune ANY DVB-T channel.
    Once I tune a DVB-T channel (either at the same time as DVB-S is tunned, or just in between) the DVB-S stream freezes, or get "No Signal" if I try and start one.

If I stop the MP TV service and start it again, DVB-S will work fine till I tune DVB-T again.

I tried to update the driver on the DVB-S card to the latest version and again rebooted.

Same story.
    I hope the logs capture the story. If not I can provide more.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

I can see what you mean, but I can't see any apparent cause. I can only guess that there is some kind of interaction between the 2 tuner drivers (which would be something to ask TBS about), or maybe something related to the USB controller that the tuners are connected to.

Are the tuners connected to USB ports backed by the same controller?
    If yes, have you tried connecting the tuners to different USB controllers?

Except for this, the only thing I can suggest that might be an effective workaround is to enable preloading for the DVB-T/T2 tuners. Please refer to the "allow card to be preloaded" setting:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

xPETEZx

Portal Member
    August 6, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Thank you! You really know MP like the back of your hand.

So I first tried moving the DVB-S2 card to the USB3 controller, while keeping the DVB-T2 card on the USB2 controller.
    Unfortunately that didnt work.

I then set your suggested "All card to be Preloaded" and managed to get both cards streaming at the same time. Tested various channel changes on the DVB-T2 and it did not freeze or stop the DVB-S2 as previous.
    Ill keep testing today, but initally its looking promising.

Thank you so much. Would never have tried that option myself. (As the description seems to suggests its for faster channel switching / streaming start.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom