Other codec working than the configured one in MP (1 Viewer)

Fredd_1001

Portal Pro
October 28, 2007
Almere
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
TV-Server Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Skin: Xface
Windows Version: Win XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: Core2duo 6750
HDD: 160GB IBM +1TB Samsung
Memory: 2 gig
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Video Card: ATI2600XT 512
Video Card Driver: latest
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3: 2/1/1
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Floppy-DTV-S2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver: 5.01
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDshow
h.264 Video Codec: FFDshow/PowerDVD
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal+
HTPC Case:
Cooling: Arctic
Power Supply: Earthwatts
Remote: Microsoft remote
TV: Philips 42pfl9703
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I have the following issue: Since MP 1.0.2.0 another MPEG2 Tv codec is chosen then what is configured in MP. :confused:
Default I have the MPC codec configured fore MPEG2 TV.
I've installed Arcsoft decoder for H264 (HDTV), and it works fine. But form now on the arcsoft decoder is allso chosen for MPEG2, allthough that's not what I configured in MP! I can choose it in config allright, but when I look via GraphEdit I see Arcsoft is chosen?! I've allready checkt the Merits on both decoders and both on level 6000. I've tried different settings on this, but no luck.
I'm beginning to think MP 1.0.2.0 has a bug. I will revert to 1.0.0.0 and try again.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This happened to me also when I installed that particular codec, think it just forces windows to use their codec for mpeg, uninstalling restored full select ability of the other codecs.

Fredd_1001

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2007
    Almere
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think you are right PD! :D
    Restored a backup of MP 1.0.0.0 and exactly the same. So that's no soulution:(
    I use MP much for (HD)TV and image quality is a BIG issue for me! And the Arcsoft decoder did a good job

I can't seem te figure it out, how to get another codec to decode HDTV in a good way! Fast moving TV (like soccer and I like soccer :D ) causes a stuttering ball (like a stroboscope).
    What codec can do this right?
    Or does Vista do a better job on this in combination with an ATI videocard?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I think you are right PD! :D
    Restored a backup of MP 1.0.0.0 and exactly the same. So that's no soulution:(
    I use MP much for (HD)TV and image quality is a BIG issue for me! And the Arcsoft decoder did a good job

I can't seem te figure it out, how to get another codec to decode HDTV in a good way! Fast moving TV (like soccer and I like soccer :D ) causes a stuttering ball (like a stroboscope).
    What codec can do this right?
    Or does Vista do a better job on this in combination with an ATI videocard?
    I know you've tried to lower the merit for mpeg2,but how you do it is very important...everytime u change merit the best way is to reboot.On other hand try to raise the merit for the Mpeg2 decoder you preffer to use when you lower the other one,see if it help.

Fredd_1001

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2007
    Almere
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Problem fixed.
    It was a combination of settings in catalist control centre and using powerdvd 9.
    had to set use GPU scaling and(!) scale to full panelsize. removed Arcsoft decoder and all other useless ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom