OTR (On Time Recording) (1 Viewer)

whiteoutage

Portal Member
February 7, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there any way to set default values for ALL recordings? I like to have my shows start 5 min in advanced and end 5 min after. This way nothing ever gets clipped.

Open the TV Server Configuration app. Under recording option you should see pre and post times. Default I think was 7 pre and 10 post, but you can change them from 1 to 100 minutes. I don't know if this change will only affect future schedules you make or if it also changes your current programs too. Maybe an expert will chime in on this?

If you want higher than 100, or negative minutes, then see this post:
How to delay recording's start time and advance stop recording time?

Last edited:

NRivera637

Portal Member
September 7, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
There are two (2) ways to easily accomplish this. One is a global default FOR ALL RECORDINGS under the 'Recordings : Start/Stop Recording' options. You can set whatever amount of minutes you want before and after all recordings as a default..

A second method is what I know as OTR (On Time Recording - old VCR function). This allows you to start a recording at a designated time and end it at a designated time. But it only applies to a specific recording(s) - NOT GLOBAL You can find this in Media Portal : TV : Scheduled : Menu : New : Advanced... here you specify the Channel, Date, Time start & time end. This will be recurring BUT only for that program.

Try these out - they work very well. (crediit to MM)

OOppss! I chimed in too late... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom