[Blog] Our MP Team - The Fuel of MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have just posted my latest Blog: The Inside Scoop on Our MP Team - The Fuel of MediaPortal

When I first joined the MP Team a couple of months ago, I was surprised at how much activity was going on. :eek:

Even though I have been an avid MP User for over four years now, I did not know much about how our Team works. So I decided to do an Interview with our Project Coordinator: Infinityloop to find out more and share that with all of you, because it is an incredibly exciting, dynamic and rewarding experience working with such a great group of guys on such a valuable project.

:cool:

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Nice work Dadeo. This kind of insight gives us average users a real insight into what goes on behind the scenes with MP. I am always truely amazed at the level of professionalism that is so evident in every aspect of this product - everything including it's concept, design, useability and functionality. It is a truely magnificent example of open source collaboration across the globe. Well done to the development team.

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Our MP Team - The Fuel of MediaPortal

as the last blogs i liked this one also very much, very informative and i agree with you, 7 developers working on mp is not that much... so hopefully there are some people outthere who have the needed skills and want to help :)

have another suggestion to make, from blog entry 1 to 2 i didn't realize it in first, that there was a new blog, cause it looked nearly the same on the homepage as the first entry... there is the inside scoop logo with a headline so maybe you could post something like "#3 - Our MP Team - The Fuel of MediaPortal" or kinda like this to better identify the new entries if someone hurries on to the forum and doesn't read this exactly :D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    H el-gato - good suggestion, but where are you suggesting I put the numbers? Originally I was naming them all "The Inside Scoop: Vol 1-1/2/3 etc plus the title, but it was way too long on the list. I could put the title right below the banner. Is that what you meant?

EDIT: Maybe give me an example? I will see what I can do.

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

sorry for my misleading words. made two example pictures, the first with a short '#3' + headline and the second one with your type of numbering cause i don't know how your structure and future plans look like. this '1-3' reminds me of chapters, so maybe a simple number (#3) would be too less... the inside scoop logo attracts attention but always changing the logo numbered consecutively may be too much work each time, so the simple way with the number in the headline should do it...

Attachments

• example1.jpg
      example1.jpg
      59 KB
    • example2.jpg
      example2.jpg
      66.7 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thx el-gato - that is what I tried at first, but the titles automatically appear in the Team Blog list (top right of home page) and the numbers make no sense there, since the Inside Scoop Blogs are not the only blogs (I hope!). But I get exactly what you mean and I will think of a way!

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

How about to put the number into the loupe? Yeah, I know you had to change the image always...

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    catavolt - I had a similar idea, I did try to overlay text on the loupe/magnifying glass - but I am already trying the patience of our old Joomla dragon (homepage software) and it would not accept that! I really don't want to change the image every time!

I tried putting the Issue # just below the banner. Take a look and see if that will do until we get our new website and can do some nice templates. :D

dklong

Portal Member
    May 28, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Keep it up Dadeo!!

It is so good to hear what is going on in the background with this great software.

Amazing that the core of developers is so small... keep up the great work team!

It is good to come to the site and find new updates every few weeks lately. It certainly helps us mere users understand what is going on in the background and how this kind of project works.

Thanks to all.

Cheers

Hetfield

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello. Little bit scared that there are that few developers. Hopefully one-two-three developers won't piss up and quit (like Frodo), that would be really bad considering the future. So let's be nice to those volunteers who are sacrificing their free time to us consumers. This is about the only Windows based htpc software, and Linux is for geeks (and doesn't yet have as good htpc software).

It seems stabilizing MP1 takes really lot of time. Combining that to little amount of developers, it might be wise to release MP2 with only the needed plugins (TV, Videos, Music, Pictures, Radio, Weather) and stop supporting MP1, as soon as it's possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom