Out of Memory with large collection (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks for that. I can't find it anywhere though - searched, used advanced search, checked the trakt forum, checked the MyTVSeries forrum, checked for all theads that Rochess has contributed to in the last 2 weeks. Can you point to it?

He is off enjoying a few days of fun with his family.

I actually reported the problem to him direct on IRC, so I think in the rush to get ready for his trip he might have forgotten that part, but I'm sure he did make a new DLL available for you to use. Infact I see he attached it to your own thread on the Trakt forum:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/trakt-548/unhandled-exception-error-104371/

When reporting errors and only providing part of a log file, you have to know how to read the log files. I was able to only provide a small part of the log file, because I knew it was all that was needed to fix it. Specifically I was able to narrow down all the other plugins log files and verify the timestamps to make sure nothing else was having issues at the same time. This lead me to know it was purely Trakt Plugin related as per:

Paste2 log file snipplets on MediaPortal.log and TraktPlugin.log

As you can see the error in mediaportal.log happens at "04:13:42.448851", but the actual cause leading up to that was generated in the traksplugin.log file 20 seconds earlier at "4:13:22" when it tried to sync up. That information is key for the developer to then actually know what area to look to fix the problem. It's also imporant to show the developer what versions are used, hence the "Starting Trakt v1.3.2.1" part that I added.

If you are unable to do all that legwork, then the easiest way is to just provide full debug log files and include all log files. Then the developer can match things up themselve and have all the info they need available.

Please test the DLL and report back your success rate, I'll do the same :)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    The entire, complete log directory in a zip file was already attached in the other thread. The snippet is displayed to arouse interest and show relevance.

Version numbers are all within log files, which the developer knows.

At any rate, the reason I created the other thread was because that error really isn't related to the one that this thread is about and I didn't want to distract attention away from the main "out of memory" problem. I'll continue to keep them separate until or unless it's clear that they're all related to one common problem.

It's funny that the ltfearme attached the dll to the other thread as it was the last place I looked because he instructed me to find it in another thread. At any rate, if all theories are correct, it's an unrelated problem and thus should be kept separate from this OutofMemory thread.

Thanks for pointing out where to find the file

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom