Output quality (1 Viewer)

jeffp

Portal Pro
October 4, 2005
USA
I've got MP fully up and running and am VERY happy with the program. I've got MP running just the way I want it and all the little querks I was having are now fixed.

So on to my last issue. Overall the output to the TV is good, not great but good. If what you are watching is bright and colorful the picture looks as good as regular TV quality. If the picture is dark or a night shot the picture is very blocky and the blacks look almost grey. I have this issue if I'm watching TV, Videos or DVD's. Also every now and then I get what can best be described as a break or jerk in the picture. it only lasts for a fraction of a second but it is noticable.

What kind of tweaks should I try and shuld I use ffdshow as a post processor? If so I know I saw a link one time to a guide for setting that up but I can't seem to find it again. Does some one haveit handy?

Thanks!

jeffp

Portal Pro
October 4, 2005
USA
Area: Media Portal Program /MyTv. Video. DVD
MP Version: 0.2.0
Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 3200+ Venice Core
Memory: 512MB DDR500
Motherboard Chipset: Gigabyte nForce4Ultra Nvidia
Video Card: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 6600
Video Card Driver: 7.8.0.1
Video Card Resolution: 1808 x 1036 - 1080i output
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Nvidia Codec (Tried Mpeg2Dec Filter, Intervideo and Dscaler Mpeg2)
Audio Codec Type & Version: Nvidia
TV Card: PVR-500
TV Card Type: hardware
TV Card Driver: 2.030.23074
TV: Samsung HCL5515

I connect with component cables to the 1080i input.

jeffp

Portal Pro
October 4, 2005
USA
No can't say it has.

However I really don't think that has anything to do with it. When I have the STB or DVD player connected directly to the TV the picture is great. All the issues I have listed above don't exsist.

thinksnow

January 29, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
We can rule out your CPU, mobo, video & PVR cards, and most likely the RAM (512 should be enough, but more is always better). VMR9 should work just fine and I believe I've used (some, if not all of) the various video codecs you listed at one time or another with no obvious ill effects.

Not to wild goose chase, but did you ever have v0.1.3.0 (or earlier) installed and if so, how did that perform?

moullas

Portal Pro
January 15, 2005
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
I've noticed the same thing with my system too...

MP Version: 1.3.0
Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro
CPU Type: Intel Pentium M 1.8
Memory: 1Gb DDR-333
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 855GM
Video Card: Intel 855GME Onboard
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.4363
Video Card Resolution: 1400x1050
Video Render Type: VMR9 Renderless
Video Codec Type & Version: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder
Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM

It's a Dell Latitude D500 laptop...
TV: Samsung PS-42S4S 42" Plasma
Connected with VGA, laptop is 800x600 when connected

I didn't post any comment all this time, and was waiting till i set up my proper HTPC, since i figured it could either be an issue with my onboard VGA card or the Plasma screens. But since a CRT and a Geforce 6600 does the same, could it be something with the Codecs??

Edit: Now that you mention it, only thing similar is the brand of TV, both are Samsung, though your's is CRT and mine a Plasma. Does your CRT has image enhancement features, like DNIe?
I'll do a test with all TV-enhancing stuff off later, and see if there is any difference...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom