Overnight Reboot Resolution Issue (1 Viewer)

D3tritus

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
Hi,

I've recently built a new Win7 HTPC using MePo v1.5. I've been using Power Scheduler to put my HTPC into S3 standby when idle. This works pretty well and I can wake from remote with no real problems. My issue is that I have the HTPC set to wake at 4am each day and perform a reboot. Previous experience on my old HTPC with much earlier (1.2/1.3) versions of MePo on WinXP has taught me that this is a good idea, as my old HTPC used to get sluggish if it wasn't rebooted regularly. My problem is that, when the HTPC is rebooted without the connected display equipment being on Media Portal doesn't detect the right resolution, and displays in a small corner in the top-left of the TV when I come to switch it on the next day. The desktop resolution appears OK at this point (I can see the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and it fills the full width of the display). Simply restarting MePo fixes the issue and it takes up the whole screen again.

For the time-being, I've disabled the nightly reboots. Any suggestions for a longer term solution?

Thanks!

D3tritus

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
Hi :)
Can you try to upgrade against 1.6.0 Final and use this bin on top, i rework some part when sometimes i have the same as you :
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ast-windows-update.121091/page-8#post-1053928
And supply log please :)
I currently run a few plugins that don't work fully with 1.6 yet. I'm holding off on the upgrade until the plugin devs have had time to update...have to maintain WAF on the system! I'll test as soon as I upgrade and let you have the logs. :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    What plugin did you use that is not compatible (just for information :p) ?

D3tritus

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    What plugin did you use that is not compatible (just for information :p) ?
    Predominantly Moving Pictures & MP TV Series. There isn't a 1.6 compatible version of the StreamedMP skin out yet either. All kinda work with 1.6 (as I understand it) but there are reports of problems. I've just built a new HTPC to increase WAF, my old one was running on WinXP with an old version of MePo and suffered from a number of issues including some crash to desktop style problems. I had to stick with that config because of the OS and lack of cash to build a Win7 capable box. Now I've managed to upgrade, the new build just works with (comparatively) very few problems, for the most part everything just works and I need to keep it that way for a bit.

On the plus-side the plugins I use are well supported by some pretty talented and dedicated devs, so I can't imagine it will be long before they have versions out that are fully compatible with the new MePo release. :)

D3tritus

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    Thanks for the offer but I'll wait a bit. WAF is really significantly improved at the moment, everything is really solid and stable. Don't want to upset things by tweaking around with it. Shouldn't be too long now. :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    If you have the issue sure :) you can try v16 bin :)

D3tritus

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    1.6 Final
    - shutdown HTPC.
    - switched off TV/Amp.
    - switched on HTPC.
    - switched on TV.
    MePo shows up in top left hand corner of the screen.

1.6 Final with altered EXE & DLL
    - shutdown HTPC.
    - switched off TV/Amp.
    - switched on HTPC.
    - switched on TV.
    Black/frozen screen for about 5-8 seconds (ish). MePo then appears in the correct resolution.

Looking good. Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom