OzTivoGrabber - Australian OzTivo grabber for Foxtel plugin for TVServer (2 Viewers)

50chickens

Portal Member
March 4, 2007
Home Country
hi,

I've written a grabber for MP that can get data from the OzTivo website in AU for foxtel and put it into MP. This version is now compatible with TV Server (it actually requires it). It's now compatible with 1.2.3 Final. I have also removed the standalone exe.

It's designed for Australian Foxtel subscribers but it could theoretically be used to grab data for FTA channels or austar. You only need to put the correct channel code (eg ABC-NSW) into the channel config page..

It will also create the appropriate channels in Media Portal and optionally configure those channels as 'external' channels - ie, they are set via set top box (STB) (you need And81's IR Server Suite installed for blasting to work).

how to install -

1. unzip this zipfile to your Media Portal TV Server plugin folder.
2. Restart TV Server.
3. Enable OzTiVoGrabber plugin in TVSetup.
4. Configure OzTiVoGrabber.
5. run Mediaportal. happy zapping.

anyways, feedback as always is appreciated :)

oztivograbberplugin.jpg

oztivograbberplugin2.jpg

TvServer plugin version 1.2.3.0 (25/4/2012)
- recompiled vs MP 1.2.3
- took out login functionality for oztivo website as no longer required.

TvServer plugin version 1.1.2.0 (1/1/2011)

- fix bug where scheduled downloads only download 1 day.
- recompiled vs MP 1.1.2

TV Server plugin version 1.1.0.0 (26/8/10)

- Updated plugin for MediaPortal 1.1.0 Final.
- bugfix to default settings handling.

TV Server plugin version 1.0.0.0 (6/9/09)

- changed from MP based application to TVServer plugin.

Attachments

• OzTiVoGrabber-TvserverPlugin-1.0.0.0.zip
    30.7 KB
  • OzTiVoGrabber-TvserverPlugin-1.1.0.0.zip
    453 KB
  • OzTiVoGrabber-1.1.0.0-src.zip
    980.7 KB
  • OzTiVoGrabber-1.1.2.0.zip
    464.6 KB
  • OzTiVoGrabber-1.1.2.0-src.zip
    986.3 KB
  • OzTiVoGrabber-1.2.3.zip
    309.6 KB
Last edited:

beags

Portal Member
January 13, 2005
Hi 50chickens,

Is there a version that will run stand alone.
The machine that runs mediaportal is not always on & I use the guide data for my netremote as well.

In the past with webepg. I would share the file with both mediaportal & Netremote.

Kind Regards
Beags

50chickens

Portal Member
March 4, 2007
Home Country
not really.. there's a bunch of mp references and other MP things it depends on.

you should probably get away with installing the 0.2.3.0 version but not running/configuring it. that way the references would be resolved and there is an output directory for you to pick up the tvguide.xml file from.

if you really want it or don't want to put MP on your netremote system, let me know and i will make a standalone version that just spits out a tvguide.xml file.

beags

Portal Member
January 13, 2005
Thanks mate.

I installed medioportal on the netremote computer & all worked a treat.

Thanks again for your help

Kind Regards
Beags

ATIWare

Portal Member
November 14, 2006
Sydney
Home Country
Hi

Installed MediaPortal and TV-Server 1.0 RC1 and the log file keep telling that it can’t find the channels.xml (sorry can’t remember the correct name) :) file, I renamed the current file to the name it expected. Now getting an error that it cannot parse it. I do not have the log file with me as I am at work, will try and post it tonight. I guess the question is does it work with version 1 RC1.

Thanks
Anton

50chickens

Portal Member
March 4, 2007
Home Country
I don't think my grabber will work with either 1.0 or any of the RC's. afaik it only works with 0.2.2.0 and 0.2.3.0 releases.

This is something on my to do list.. you can check back in a few days or so, or you can grab 0.2.3.0 and then one of the svn snapshots from about march (sorry developers!).. it should work with that.

oh also, i found a bug on vista where it doesnt find the data directory properly which was a typo .. i'm releasing a new version in a day or two which will fix this (and add individual channel time offsets) but the larger update for 1.0 compatibility might be a little longer.

50chickens

Portal Member
March 4, 2007
Home Country
update to 1.0.8.1

fixed some bugs, added some stuff :)

beags

Portal Member
January 13, 2005
Hi 50chickens,

Is there away to run the program in sleep mode when windows is rebooted, without having to push the sleep button?

Kind regards

beags

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom