Parallel recordings often don't work (1 Viewer)

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi guys,

I've got some issue with the TV Server. I reinstalled my whole system yesterday because I bought a new SSD to install my MediaPortal on. Before the reinstallation I used ForTheRecord for 6 months but I wanted to switch back to MP TV Server and to MPExtended etc.

Everything worked fine when installing the system but I've got some problems with parallel recordings especially when they are at the same transponder. I tried some testing cases with which I want to show my problems.

1) Try to record "Das Erste HD" and "ZDF HD" which are on the same transponder.
I tried this with debug mode on (see attached logs) and it didn't work. He always says that there are two recordings which can not be done at the same time. Due to the fact that they are on the same transponder and that I have 4 tv cards in my system this should not happen.

2) Try to record some other recordings after that.
Furthermore I recorded some more channels. They all worked (up to 8) but when I wanted to stop the recordings at the 5th or 6th stop MediaPortal crashed and I even wasn't able to stop the TV Server service.

3) Than I tried out some "Manual Control" and "Test channel" testing in the TV configuration.
First I tried again to start "Das Erste HD" and "ZDF HD" at the same time. Like you can see in the attached screenshot the system says "All cards are busy".

testchannel.PNG

Then I tried some other channel "ARTE HD" which is also on the same transponder and it works. The channel is timeshifting on the same tv card.

testchannel2.PNG

After that I tried to change the priorities of my tv cards. The first one was the build in PCI tv card and I decided to lower the priority. After a restart I tried again but the system uses the same tv card to show the first timesthift. (see testchannel3.jpg).

testchannel3.PNG

How can it be that the server ignores the priorities?
Do you have some idea why channels on the same transponder don't work at the same time?
After the tests I sometimes had the problem that I wasn't even able to start a recording on the channels of this transponder. In the MP gui the channel flashes red (for recording) and after 1 seconds it stops recording again.

Some idea?

Thanks for your help. :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi hafblade

I'm looking at the logs now.
    Regarding the mapping: make sure you tick "enable DVB-S2 tuning/scanning" for all of your tuners that are DVB-S2 capable, otherwise mapping will fail.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, so it looks like the problems have been caused by a combination of:
    - channels not on same transponder when you thought they were
    - channels not mapped when you thought they were
    - MySQL database not reachable (this caused the TV Service crash)

The database access exception is:
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Reading from the stream has failed. ---> System.IO.IOException: Von der Übertragungsverbindung können keine Daten gelesen werden: Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen
    ...and...
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.Exception" wurde ausgelöst.

Unfortunately it looks like the event log was cleared so I can't see any cause for this - it is strange.

mm

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I look at it more exactly in the future. Dont understand why the db could not be reached. You were absolutely correct with the mapping thing. With Fortherecord I only have to search with one tv card. I use one pci card and three usb. After making some second scan with one usb device I finally was able to see all channels in the mapping section. Now it works great. I'll do some heavy duty tests tomorrow to find out if the mysql problem occurs again. Thanks for your help. :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    With Fortherecord I only have to search with one tv card.
    The same is true with MP TV Server. You just have to make sure that the "enable DVB-S2..." option is ticked - scanning is not required. After that you can map the DVB-S2 channels.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    With TVS you can use channel- lists downloadable inside this forum so you're not in a need to do a scan at all...
    I'm exporting my schedules and channels before a fresh install, that's why I can't recognize the last channel scan at all... OK, I did remember. ;) It was as the new HD channels goes on air at April 30th... But the last one before that, I think this was as I switched from cable to satellite...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom