partially watched video/song/recorded tv show file text color + remember cursor in folders (1 Viewer)

mathem

Portal Pro
May 20, 2018
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

MP1 (MP2 is not) is really great product, the best, even better than Kodi for my needs, but what would SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVE ergonomics and speed of managing files (video, audio) is this:

1) mark red (or anything else visible) when partially watched (it is sometimes very difficult to find what was the the last movie/recorded tv show/episode/song I watched/listened but not finished (maybe set custom % interval in options: 3%-97% else unwatched/watched),
2) remember last position of cursor in every folder (every time have to scroll down and search the last movie/recorded tv show/episode/song)

Please consider, this would really significantly improve the MP ergonomics more than anything else. Otherwise the ergonomics is very smart/effective in MP1 (not in MP2).

Thx for considering

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    mark red (or anything else visible) when partially watched (it is sometimes very difficult to find what was the the last movie/recorded tv show/episode/song I watched/listened but not finished (maybe set custom % interval in options: 3%-97% else unwatched/watched),
    Skin engine support Progress in list - look GUIProgressListControl Development Process
    remember last position of cursor in every folder (every time have to scroll down and search the last movie/recorded tv show/episode/song)
    It does not help? Configuration GUI

mathem

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Skin engine support Progress in list - look GUIProgressListControl Development Process

It does not help? Configuration GUI

1) but I presume it is not possible in the default Titan skin, right? It should be easy or turned ON by default in any default skin.
    2) when I go to a superior folder and back to the subordinate folder the focus of the cursor is lost in every folder... It should remember focus in every folder when I'm browsing my series in folders in Video plugin.

Is it more clear from me now?

thx

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    but I presume it is not possible in the default Titan skin, right? It should be easy or turned ON by default in any default skin.
    Why not? Turn off MP, look in Titan skin folder for references.xml file, at line MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1
    change:
    XML:
    <SelectedProgressOnly>Yes</SelectedProgressOnly>
    to
    XML:
    <SelectedProgressOnly>No</SelectedProgressOnly>
    run MP and check ...
    when I go to a superior folder and back to the subordinate folder the focus of the cursor is lost in every folder...
    The option on which I gave the link is enabled? Or not?

mathem

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    but I mean to recognize it visually (unwatched, watching, watched), not to scroll over every movie to look at the progress of every video, really annoying :)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Skin list support only watched / unwatched ststus/color...

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    but I mean to recognize it visually (unwatched, watching, watched), not to scroll over every movie to look at the progress of every video, really annoying :)
    I added a context menu to hide the already watched movies as I remember.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    For the third state, the engine must be redone. It is necessary or not, to solve the group of designers. @catavolt @wizard123

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom