Party Shuffle Bug in 2.0 rc1 (1 Viewer)

wtfidiot21

Portal Member
October 13, 2005
Has anyone had this problem where you use the party shuffle and only a couple of files are playable. If you go under the album section itself without using party shuffle everything plays fine. Has anyone had this bug and a fix for it? It's just nice to have MP play random songs.

Thanks

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    have you added all the songs to the DB? if you go into setup > music > Music Database then click update database from selected shares... let it do its thing... and then once its done everything should play! well that the theory... now go tell me it works in practice too ;)

tfro71

Portal Member
    May 7, 2005
    Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
    i have the same problem. Some files that are selected for the party mix will not play. You have to bypass them by selecting next song or pushing OK on one of the next songs.

The song that would not play will play if selecting it in the MyMusic part. Updating the database will not solve the problem.

wtfidiot21

Portal Member
    October 13, 2005
    Yeah Trifo, you hit it right on the money. I was thinking maybe it had to do with using the ID3 tags a certain way. I can't figure it out.

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    tfro71 said:
    i have the same problem. Some files that are selected for the party mix will not play. You have to bypass them by selecting next song or pushing OK on one of the next songs.

The song that would not play will play if selecting it in the MyMusic part. Updating the database will not solve the problem.

have you updated the database? the reason i ask is that i had this problem and thats what i did to fix it. if the file is not in the DB it will not play in party shuffle mode. the ones that do play are ones that have been played previously in the my music part (as that adds them to the DB) if you havent done this please try

if you have... then i will take note and test it myself, and report to the devs

Thanks

Steve

A

Anonymous

Hmm. I'm still in V0.1.3 and a have a problem with party shuffle as well. I tried updating the DB, but didn't seem to help. One thing I have noticed, the "light" on the party shuffle button appears to be lit up before and after I click on it. Party shuffle worked fine in the test version of 0.1.3

Also, I have about 4000 songs, and I find that no version of MP so far has been able to handle this many very easily. Like if I try to load the whole directory into a playlist, it will pretty much lock up my system. Any one else experience this.

I'll try V2 and see if I get any better performance.

tfro71

Portal Member
    May 7, 2005
    Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
    I deleted my musicdatabase mediaportal\database\musicdatabase4 and reorganised all the music. It seems the reorg module is not always working ok. It does not alway delete files from the databases that are not on the filesystem any more.

Filip Van de Peer

Portal Member
    September 13, 2005
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Wrong database updating

Guys,
    indeed, I've got the same problem. A lot of files not playing while in shuffle mode, due to for example old non-existing links in the database.
    Deleting the old database is not enough, because when you run the 'update database from the selected shares' in the setup, the database ermains empty.

Only after playing a part of a song from an album, the particular album is added completely to the database.

Not really comfortable, huh?

But for the rest: best software ever!!

Greetings
    Filip

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom