Passtrough to reciever stopped working - loud pops, then nothing (HDMI) (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've been using MediaPortal for a long time with this setup: GeForce 430 GT (HDMI) ->Pioneer receiver (bitstreaming AC3/DTS/HD formats) without any similar problems.

Well, tonight while watching Spongebob with the kids, the screen went black (no video or audio output to the receiver), restarted the computer, changed audio renderer, tried other codecs, playing back mp3 files in Windows, nothing worked. Each media file I tried starts and plays, but instead of audio, I only get a quite loud "pop" in the speakers, then nothing. Video plays and the receiver detects an incoming stream, but seems to not being able to identify the format (DTS is shown as PCM for example).

Troubleshooting so far:
    I have uninstalled the LAV filters, reinstalled SAF (it's always worked for me) and upgraded my NVIDIA drivers, but I still only get that popping sound then nothing more. I've checked Window's volume settings and everything's OK.

If I connect my HTPC directly to my Panasonic plasma, I get both video and audio (not sure if it's bitstreamed then?) so I'm a bit worried that something's happened either to:

the Geforce's bitstreaming capabilities
    the receiver's input or
    the HDMI cable.

I'll try to connect my Bluray player to the HDMI port I've been using for MediaPortal tomorrow (too tired now, this stuff is exhausting :( ) to see if the receiver's fine or not. But I really suspect something's happened in Windows somehow, that's why I'm posting this problem here in case anyone knows what's amiss.

Cheers
    Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom