[PATCH]Teletext readability improvement (1 Viewer)

bermag

Portal Pro
August 21, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This is already possible. You only need to assign the correct actions to the keys you want:
- ACTION_NEXT_TELETEXTPAGE (F8)
- ACTION_PREV_TELETEXTPAGE (F7)
- ACTION_REMOTE_SUBPAGE_UP (F6)
- ACTION_REMOTE_SUBPAGE_DOWN (F5)

Yes, I know, I mean for remote. I have mapped next/prev to fwd/rew. However I have not seen (or understand how to do it) how to map the arrows on the remote to other actions. However using some other key is good enough (I just would prefer haveing itr on up/down arrows, but maybe that will be a problem when you are not using fullscreen Teletext). Also what I would prefer is to have one key which both show next sub page and next page.

This is already possible. You can configure the transparent mode in Configuration and you can switch between transparent and non-transparent mode within MP. The action is called: ACTION_SWITCH_TELETEXT_TRANSPARENT
(T).

Great! That is probably something most people doesn't know about. Perhaps should be added as a menu option in the OSD?

Any other hidden gems about teletext? Btw what is the hidden text option?

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I know, I mean for remote. I have mapped next/prev to fwd/rew. However I have not seen (or understand how to do it) how to map the arrows on the remote to other actions. However using some other key is good enough (I just would prefer haveing itr on up/down arrows, but maybe that will be a problem when you are not using fullscreen Teletext). Also what I would prefer is to have one key which both show next sub page and next page.
    Using the arrows in the non-fullscreen teletext screen, won't be possible I think. In the fullscreen teletext it should be possible, you only have to ensure that those actions are only used for this window and not general.

Great! That is probably something most people doesn't know about. Perhaps should be added as a menu option in the OSD?

Any other hidden gems about teletext? Btw what is the hidden text option?
    [/QUOTE]
    I don't know, but with the key "I" you can go back to the index page. There is of course also an action for that.

With the hidden mode a broadcaster can transmit messages which is normally not visible. The user can than activate the hidden mode and see the message and so on.

MisterD

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everybody,

I also want to use this teletext-plugin, because teletext IS REALLY unreadable by default. I´m using Mediaportal 1.0.0.0 with TV-server standalone...

I found the files on the first page on this thread.

But could anybody tell me how to "install" this plugin?

I tried to replace the tvplugin.dll and the myfsteletext.xml with the original ones, but that does not help.

Furthermore I get an application hang and mediaportal error. The message tells me that there was an unhandled exception and that there wasn´t found a specific method...

jblomb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Sundsvall
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's not usable as it is. And it doesn't work with 1.0.0.0. It was built agains a later SVN.
    However in the latest SVN's and testbuilds a similar change is made so Teletext works great again.

/Blomman

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So I think I have to wait for the next release. Cause I don´t want to use the developer version. As I could see in the weekly SVN threat, those versions can produce a lot of bugs... It´s a pity that it´s not useable as a "plugin"...:(

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Actually most annoying thing

In Teletext is automatic sub-page rotation.

What i'd like to see is:

- When selecting new teletext page with next/previous buttons or by entering number, autoscroll should be enabled.
    - If manually select subpage, then automatic scroll of subpages should be stopped. As user probably wants to scroll them in own speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom