[PATCH]Teletext readability improvement (1 Viewer)

jblomb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Sundsvall
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The teletext module works great, but in some setups it's almost impossible to read the text.
    I have made a patch that draws all text in a 680x602px window and lets the GUI scale it to screen instead of trying to adapt the font etc to the screen size. I also changed the font to Lucida Console.

Also it corrects how the text is aligned on screen with regards to skin settings. See attached screenshots. Since I am using an old CRT TV I have to compensate a lot for overscan.

Old:
    Old%20teletext.png

New:
    New%20teletext.png

Menu:
    menuteletext.png

Attached is also a zipfile containing the updated TvPlugin.dll for testing purposes.
    Edit: Removed the binaries since latest build includes a similar fix to avoid confusion :)

jblomb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Sundsvall
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Updated patch and binary to correct how teletext window adjust to skin in non-fullscreen mode.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have made a patch that draws all text in a 680x602px window and lets the GUI scale it to screen instead of trying to adapt the font etc to the screen size. I also changed the font to Lucida Console.

Wouldn't it be better to target more closely to the 1920x1080 as that would improve the text quality. After all, most of the tvs are 720p / 1080p.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think tourettes is right. Just tested the new patch and found that the teletext is covering nearly all the TV Window. Therefore the text is very wide and not so good readable. Would be better to reduce the width to half the actual size. And if possible display on the left or right side so its only covering half of the TV window.

jblomb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Sundsvall
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tourettes is absolutely right. I will adjust it. I was just adopting settings from an ancient MDAPI teletext plugin i made years ago in c++.

The size should really be adjusted in the skin file myfsteletext.xml, however I still need to figure out how to use that particular file. I DID figure it out in myteletext.xml, but since fullscreen is a bit different I haven't figured it out yet... DONE

New patch to follow :) DONE

Updated patch in first post. Included skin files for Blue3 and Blue3Wide
    Changed bitmap size to 1224x1080.

jblomb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Sundsvall
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Patch and binary updated.

Any chance to get this into SVN?