[Approved] Patch to allow property keepaspectratio in thumbnailpanel (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

Most movie-viewers use posters in the movie-views, in "My Videos" or "Moving Pictures". Ideally they should be the same size, but in case they are not it would be nice to be able to use the <keepaspectratio> property.

In filmstrip the poster is resized to fit the measures given in textureWidth and textureHeight. This is for some reason not the case with thumbnailpanels.

The incorporated solution at the moment is to set <thumbZoom> to true. this means that the thumbnail will crop the poster = not pretty.

My solution is to patch GUIThumbnailPanel and allow usage of <keepaspectratio>

I have attached two screenshots of before/after behaviour.

Please not that the aspect ratio is also kept for the foldericon, this is not a problem as it is possible to define which to use, and you could therefor create one in posterformat :)

[EDIT]Patch attached, I could have sworn that I had it uploaded already :( [/EDIT]

Attachments

• before_keepaspectratio.jpg
      before_keepaspectratio.jpg
      289.1 KB
    • after_keepaspectratio.jpg
      after_keepaspectratio.jpg
      293.4 KB
    • patch_for_GUIThumbnailPanel_against_SVN_23545.zip
      30.8 KB

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So, where is the patch? :)
    Featurefreeze starts tomorrow as you know, so it might allready be too late.

Mr Hipp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2006
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have checked it and it looks good. Only minor issues like tag should be named "keepAspectRatio" otherwise it's good.

Mr Hipp

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yeah, in some controls it's one thing an in another it is different. The patch itself is pretty simple, but I think it makes good sense to be able to have same size covers in thumbview. Looks better to me :)

You're a busy man these days Mr Hipp :D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

My misstake;) I read the post about the "channel name" fix and noticed that it was accepted and didn't read the status on this fix, sorry about that.

best regards
    cul8er

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

My misstake;) I read the post about the "channel name" fix and noticed that it was accepted and didn't read the status on this fix, sorry about that.

best regards
    cul8er

:p

I updated the wiki with a small note about the channelname changes (my other patch). I think it's great that you make sure changes are documented!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom