[Approved] patch to speed up shares view (1 Viewer)

Hetfield

Portal Pro
March 3, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hello. Just tested for a while with the Christmas SVN build. Inside the local PC the speed is "decent", however through a network share the speed is still really bad. Just for a comparison, XBMC with the two same computers is about 10 times faster while browsing for files (XBMC even draws the thumbs in that time).

So please take care to improve this issue as soon as possible, with any possible way, even reducing features by configuration (select speed or featrures). I really would like to have a centralized 24/7 server with file sharing and TVServer with 4-8 tv cards, and the dramatically slow browsing of the network shares is the main show stopper. For example in my karaoke folder starting/stopping/changing of a song takes 30-60 seconds through a network share (with optimum settings), and that time my girlfriend will not wait. With a local share the speed is decent, only little bit slow. So I either have not to have a server, or to change my girlfriend.

Next few years are interesting: Which one is first/better - XMBC TV functionality or MP2 - Linux or Windows.

Guys: do you have any profiler like this: Performance and Memory Profiler - JetBrains dotTrace

As an adwise, it can reveal slowliness within a mouse click in very unexpected blocks of code... no person can replace this product.

Hetfield

Portal Pro
March 3, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hello. Here are the logs. When playing this video through network share, it takes really long until it's full screen and playing. When playing from local hard disc with same folders, it starts to play immediately. Same is with every video in these certain folders which are having really a lot of video files in one folder. Please check the logs, if there is some clear reason for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom