path to fanart/ thumbs? (1 Viewer)

nimroder

Portal Pro
July 25, 2010
Hey,

is there any possibility to change the path to the fanart?
I know there is a way with MPDirs.xml but i use a RAMDisk so I dont have a lot of space and the music fanart (which is showing when MP plays music) takes huge.

So I like to put only this thumbs to my usual hdd. Is this possible? I tried to use a shortcut but it didn't worked out.

Thanks

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The only way to do it is with MPDirs.xml.
    i have for example MP on drive C: but all my thumbs on drive D:
    so that should be possible

nimroder

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2010
    Thanks, unfortunatly the music thumbs are too big for my ram disk. So I have to wait for a solution in the future. ;)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I don't understand you.
    If you want the Thumbs to be on your usual HD and NOT in the Ramdisk, you can specify in MPDirs.xml the location for the Thumbs folder to be on the HD.

Is this what you want?

nimroder

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2010
    I know I can use the MPDir.xml but then I have *all* thumbs (moving pictures, tv series, etc.) on my ramdisk or on my hdd.
    But for performance i like to have have the thumbs of moving pictures, tv series, etc. on my ram disk - this is why i changed the MPDirs.xml to my ramdisk.
    But now I also like to have a lot of music backdrops from the artists. This will take a lot of hdd space which i dont have on my ramdisk and further there are no performance reasons which would require or use a ramdisk.

So I need a way to change only the thumbs for the music section back from ramdisk to hdd but keep all other thumbs on this ramdisk. So I couldnt use MPDirs.xml.

I hope you'll get the point ;)

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom