Paths and Filenames (Australia with TIVO) (1 Viewer)

Argonaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes...

What path and filename settings do people use to get the TV series plugin to pickup the data correctly when using TIVO as the EPG souce in Australia?

Thanks Jason

Argonaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Maybe I did not explain myself very clearly.
    TV Series plugin uses the filename and directory structure to work out whether the file is part of a tv series and what episode it is. How do you configure the directory/filename so that this works when using TIVO as the EPG source...

Thanks Jason

Argonaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    What I mean, is does the TIVO guide data have enough info to be able to name the file recorded with TV server with the series number and episode number, or alternatively the episode name?

Thanks Jason

aidbish

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2007
    righthandside 3/4 way up
    ok, i think i'm getting this
    do you mean the epg data from OzTivo
    the TV server only calls the filename of what was recorded by the channel name and the name recorded based on EPG,
    if you are on about OzTivo EPG data i dont think it provided the episode number or episode name , just the show name

phew, hope that doesn't sound confusing

Argonaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Yes, that is exactly what I mean...so therefore how do I configure the filename/directory structure

Thanks Jason

aidbish

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2007
    righthandside 3/4 way up
    I Normally use the tv series plugin with downloaded shows.
    if however you record one and you wish to keep it you need to rename the recorded file showname - SxxExx
    where Sxx = the season number and Exx = episode name E.g. House-S05E12.avi would indicate to the plugin that this was House Season 5 Episode 12
    the thetvdb.com would have all the details of the episodes if they are on there

my directory structure is
    tvshow
    |
    tvshow - SxxExx.avi
    i do not seperate the seasons as the plugin does all this work, i just put all episodes in the same folder

hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom