paused navigation sometimes (1 Viewer)

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
November 10, 2009
Germany Germany
Country flag
On my testingmachine, i have no remote connect. Only keyboard for navigation. Sometimes when i open i menupoint, the navigation doing nothing. But when i press any key it comes for a short time the rolling points (for waiting time) and then it goes on. it is not only at one piont, but most time in th settings-section, but not only.

it happens often, when i navigate very fast.

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Is the importer running in the background? It seems, that something is very slow, to the GUI needs more time. I faced it a few times, then the importer is active or if I'm somewhere with a huge amount of unfiltered media items. You could also try to filter once for a small amount of media items and try to reproduce the same to Analyse, if there is a difference.
    If both gives no clue could you upload debug logs and mention the time, when you see the loading symbol.

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    You're right. It seems so, that this happens, when i enter a huge unfiltered media items. When i wait then the item comes. Perhaps it is better to show the loading points every time, when entering a item who need longer than a second or a half second. So the user see that mp not hang.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    ajs [fixed] 5029: Add the ability to choose the type of pause for designers in the slideshow MediaPortal 1 4
    Glith Audio out of sync after pause. Rewind 15sec gets it into sync again. MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    stirlinghart [no Bug] Video glitches after pausing/rewinding/fastfording movies - tv is ok 2.2 Archive 4
    S Pause button no longer works with MadVR in 1.19 General Support 4
    T Pause a recording possible? MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    S Pause and Play do not work with remote General 6
    B pls help. tv stops playing but resumes if I push pause and play General 0
    gibman changing TV ch. causes black screen pause. Archive 1
    J Navigating media drive General 4
    Rob Hexenmeister Navigation problems adding menu buttons to EPG General Support 1
    Rob Hexenmeister 4988: Conditional navigation General Support 12
    S Movie navigation issues in MP2 General 8
    U [DVD] DVD Menu Navigation for HID keyboard Improvement Suggestions 0
    joecrow Loss of Navigation Sounds on Resume from Sleep Mp 1.21 General Support 10
    B [MP2-745] Allow direct navigation to specified media item/filter Archive 7
    B [Finished] TV Guide Navigation Button Archive 0
    gibman Weird Navigation FS live TV => root menu and back MediaPortal 2 0
    bta489 [solved] DVB-T2 Recordings: Sometimes no Audio after muxing with mkvmerge Tools and other software 2
    R [solved] Watching a record during recording stops sometimes 2.2 Archive 30
    HTPCSourcer [solved] Sometimes persistent issues when playing specific h264 mkv files MediaPortal 2 18
    Cowboy Playback Problem with CTD or sometimes BSOD watch/edit Videos 0
    CyberSimian MP 1.20: Watched percent sometimes incorrect MediaPortal 1 47
    CyberSimian My network devices sometimes go missing OffTopic 6