PC does not wake from stand-by for scheduled recordings (1 Viewer)

TomG

May 30, 2012
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi all,

I'm new to MediaPortal. I'm using MediaPortal 1.2.3 on a Windows 7 x64 desktop (both for backend/server as front-end/client).

I'm experiencing problems with scheduled recordings who never wakes up the pc from stand-by. I've also installed the PowerScheduler++ plugin, but no solution so far.

Even when I choose in PowerScheduler++ to update the EPG on particular days and hour, while thick the checkbox "Wakeup the computer for EPG grabbing", the pc still won't wake from standby.

I have currently no other issues, but it's of course annoying I'm missing recordings because of stand-by related issues. When the pc is awake, all scheduled recordings take place as they should.

With stand-by, I mean the "Sleep" feature in Windows 7 where all is stored into the RAM and PC quickly wakes from stand-by. The thing that saves memory (suspend?) to disk and powers off the pc is not being used.

Is there a particular option I forgot, or what kind of explanantion would be the source for my problem?

thanks in advance.

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

in you Windows energy options "Allow Wake Timer" has to be enabled. Eventually you'll have to enable a some wake on timer function (like "PME event wake up") in your BIOS too.
    (Standby = Suspend; saving memory to diks and power off = hibernate)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom