PC LCD monitor with 24hz support (2 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    you already have a monitor, why not get a nice size 24hz TV, bc mediaportal is designed for TV anyway?

6 year old CRT monitor is not a good thing to develop MP on, so upgrade for the monitor is needed in any case. Also there is no room on my work desktop for an extra tv.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I don't think the goal is to get 24 Hz (which I believe I that many CRT can do), but 23.976 frame/s (referred to as 24p for convenience).

I know that tourettes is keen on improving the media playback of MP towards perfection, so it needs to be able to do the "cinema" mode perfectly. I doubt that "cinema" mode was widely used in "CRT-times".

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i thought CRT could take many freq.

Latter-day computer monitors could, but it was usually only over the 60-120Hz range - anything below 60Hz was too flickery to be usable so there was no point in supporting it.

Remember domestic 24Hz video only arrived with Blu-ray - DVD doesn't support it, and traditionally film material was transferred to video at 50/60Hz with pull-down, so there was no interest in native 24Hz monitor/TV support until very recently.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom