PC not waking from sleep and TV (only) audio out of sync with new TCL 4K TV (1 Viewer)

beatnut88

Portal Pro
January 15, 2012
Home Country
Hi all and Happy New Year
Since plugging in my new TCL 4K TV when I turn the TV on I am presented with a lovely perfectly blank screen. Just what I always wanted! not.
So the PC is running and recording the TV programs just like normal. But there is no output at all. Not just no MP but no desktop, just plenty of nuthin'!!
So when I switch the PC off and back on again there it all is in its wonderful 4K glory (just kidding about the 4K glory). And the today it decided it wouldn't respond to the MCE remote so I had to restart it again!! Of course MP just picks up where it left off and keeps recording happily away just like normal. Have fiddled with the power scheduler and all that stuff but nothing budges (kinda like your Congress!)
and just to add to my woes (yes I know the tears are welling in your eyes already) playback of TV recordings now has the added bonus of being about half-a-second out of sync. But videos all are in sync. Fortunately this is a PC, not a Mack truck or there would be carnage on the roads.
So I can only hope there is some poor individual out there who has been in a similar predicament but has been either luckier than or me or is tech genius!!
As I said this isn't strictly a problem with MP itself which was working in its usual perfect way before this purchase. Nonetheless has taken some of the shine off the (formerly) exciting acquisition. No, not really. The old TV was pretty awful so this is an improvement. But makes you wonder if anyone will ever come up with 4K content, huh.
as usual logs attached and hope as ever springs eternal
Neil

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_05_02_18__19_01.zip
    3.2 MB

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sync and stutter issues are most likely down to you running at 30fps @4k or no refresh rate changing ?
    Blank screen on resume from sleep in windows 10 is quite wide spread since a particular build number 1709 i think, have you tried Sebastii's MadVR test build ? if i remember correct he included a option to enable a fix for blank screen on resume ?

beatnut88

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks. There is no stutter and the sync problem is TV recordings only. Anyhow, how do I check the 30fps thinggy
    Neil

beatnut88

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks. That Windows fix fixed both problems. all running swimmingly
    grateful for the advice
    Neil

beatnut88

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2012
    Home Country
    I spoke too soon. It seems I will need a new video card as when I look at refresh rates in the PC's display section it only goes up to 30Hz
    I will try the SPDIF delay on the TV - maybe that will help. Unless there is another possible solution
    Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom