PCI TV Tuner Cards (1 Viewer)

chayan

October 22, 2005
Hi

I am new to media portal and was viewing the list of supported cards. Most of them are DVB cards (like Compro VideoMate DVB-T 200). What about the PCI cards from the same manufacturer (like compro videomate gold II).

Many of the cards in your list are not available in India. So a little help in this matter would be helpful.

Chayan

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi chayan, and welcome to MediaPortal....

chayan said:
    Most of them are DVB cards (like Compro VideoMate DVB-T 200). What about the PCI cards from the same manufacturer (like compro videomate gold II).
    DVB cards are for receiving digital TV and are available as PCI cards (plug into a slot in your PC motherboard) and as USB external devices.

It sounds like what you are looking for is an analogue TV card (since you probably don't have digital TV in India), which are also available as PCI cards. The important thing about and analogue TV card is to get one that uses hardware encoding (i.e, it uses a chip on the TV card to convert the analogue TV signal to MPEG2 digital, rather than use software to do the MPEG2 encoding).

I am not familiar with the card you mention (the compro videomate gold II), but you would be best to select a card that is supported by MediaPortal, and that is listed as type = H/W (which means it is for analogue TV, with hardware encoding).

HTH.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom