PCI TV Tuner Cards (1 Viewer)

chayan

October 22, 2005
Hi

I am new to media portal and was viewing the list of supported cards. Most of them are DVB cards (like Compro VideoMate DVB-T 200). What about the PCI cards from the same manufacturer (like compro videomate gold II).

Many of the cards in your list are not available in India. So a little help in this matter would be helpful.

Chayan

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Hi chayan, and welcome to MediaPortal....

chayan said:
    Most of them are DVB cards (like Compro VideoMate DVB-T 200). What about the PCI cards from the same manufacturer (like compro videomate gold II).
    DVB cards are for receiving digital TV and are available as PCI cards (plug into a slot in your PC motherboard) and as USB external devices.

It sounds like what you are looking for is an analogue TV card (since you probably don't have digital TV in India), which are also available as PCI cards. The important thing about and analogue TV card is to get one that uses hardware encoding (i.e, it uses a chip on the TV card to convert the analogue TV signal to MPEG2 digital, rather than use software to do the MPEG2 encoding).

I am not familiar with the card you mention (the compro videomate gold II), but you would be best to select a card that is supported by MediaPortal, and that is listed as type = H/W (which means it is for analogue TV, with hardware encoding).

HTH.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I don't think that it is clear that you need to upgrade :eek:. I used WMC for six years, and have been using MP1 for another six years. I migrated from WMC to MP because it offered more of what I wanted, and less of what I didn't want. But if you are comfortable with WMC, the obvious choice is to stay with WMC on Windows 7. The...
    I don't think that it is clear that you need to upgrade :eek:. I used WMC for six years, and have been using MP1 for another six...
    I have been 15 years with WMC in Windows 7 but clearly need to upgrade. I believe that MP might meet my needs. Before I invest a...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a solution for a couple of days but I've been yet unsuccessful. I'm trying to use an old HP Touchsmart (iq500) as a TV screen to live stream my PS2, as I haven't got enough room/money for a new TV. The...
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice find there Mr Henry. Wish I had that guide when I stumbled through the driver nightmare that is this device. Attached my copy of the driver zip in case the external web version disappears one day. There is also the option in Device Manager to roll back the automatically installed Microsoft driver (2009/2010) to the working...
    Nice find there Mr Henry. Wish I had that guide when I stumbled through the driver nightmare that is this device. Attached my copy...
    Hello, I have 3x Realtek RTL2832U usb DVB-T tuners in my MP1 TV Server. They appear as REALTEK DTV Filter with unique card IDs and...
    Replies
    Views
    @badboyxx , any feedback about your issue?
    @badboyxx , any feedback about your issue?
    Hello, I've give MP2 (version 2.2) another try and wanted to test it simultaneous with MP1. I have installed it as a single seat...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom