PCM to AC3 convert (1 Viewer)

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    is it possible to convert PCM to AC3 with LAV. I want convert all PCM-Sound (MPEG from TV) to AC3, but if the broadcaster sends AC3 I want to bypass it to my AVR.
    The reason is that my AVR has some very specific issues with switching between PCM and AC3 which I try to avoid with receiving always AC3 from MP via HDMI.

Or is there a another filter. I tried AC3filter, but without success.

Regards

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi HomeY,
    I already tried MPAR, but with all different settings I got no sound, only silence. My reciever says "PCM ZERO".
    Any advice how to setup MPAR.
    I have a 5.0 setup with Denon AVR-X1000, MP connected via HDMI (Audio & Video).

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is the problem with your AMP related to PCM or is it the actual switching that causes the problem?
    According to the specs it supports all HD formats, so if it's the switching: Have you tried to ONLY send PCM to your amp?

I"m using LAV filters in combo with as MPAR audio renderer, with the following Audio settings:
    LAV_Audio.PNG MPAR.PNG
    Unchecking the bitstreaming options in LAV should put always PCM to your AMP.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ffdshow audio provides a lot of customization, if you can't get it going with above then I would try that as well. I'd also recommend using graphstudio to actually find out what codecs / filters are being used in the chain to troubleshoot.

http://blog.monogram.sk/janos/tools/monogram-graphstudio/

Play file in MePo (Windowed Mode) -> Load GraphStudio -> Connect to remote graph

graphstudio.png

Last edited:

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    thank you for the suggestions. I'll test both the next days and report the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom