PDVD8 h264 / VC-1 decoder and subtitles -- is HW acceleration possible at all? (1 Viewer)

chimbochoc

Portal Member
July 11, 2008
Hi all,

I just set up my MediaPortal based HTPC. I am glad that HW acceleration is finally working when using the Power DVD 8 h264 / VC-1 decoder :)

However, I was not able to configure it in a way that HW acceleration was working when the movie had subtitles in it. I personally don't care if the subtitles are rendered by DirectVobSub or something else... I am just wondering if H264 / VC-1 content + Subtitles + HW acceleration is possible at all when played back in MediaPortal.

Thanks in advance and regards,
chimbo

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    tourettes, just wondering what codec/software would you recommend for H.264 playback with the most funtionality, incl. HDTV etc? I've tried PDVD8/CoreAVC and ffdshow.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    tourettes, just wondering what codec/software would you recommend for H.264 playback with the most funtionality, incl. HDTV etc? I've tried PDVD8/CoreAVC and ffdshow.

I use H.264 pretty rarely, so I cannot recomend anything. CoreAVC has been working without any issues when I have watched some HD clips.

wego007

July 28, 2008
    Chimbo, I'm using a combination of the Powerdvd8, an Nvidia Geforce 8200 and Nvidia Purevideo. Because the graphics card has a separate GPU for decoding H.264 content you can use hardware offloading. NVIDIA HD DVD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom