Tools and other software [perfect HTPC browser] Opera Mobile 11 for Windows (1 Viewer)

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I tested OM 11 today, but I can't get it to work properly for my remote... Firstly, Eventghost does not recognize if it's running, so I can't assign the keys. Secondly, the notouch thing isn't that good as in OM 10.1. So.. Opera Mobile is still great, but not version 11.

//old message:
Today, Opera released Opera Mobile 11 for mobile devices. They also published a new emulator for Windows:

Opera Mobile 11 for Maemo, MeeGo and Windows

I haven't looked at it really good, but version 10 was great for HTPC and I think this is even better!

Please try it. It's perfect for use with remote.

Here a screenshot of version 10: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...gin-browse-web-webbrowser-operamobile1-1-.png

Use this with the MultiShortcut plugin to launch from MP and reassign the right keys to the remote. Use this as arguments:
Code:
-notouchwithtouchevents

I'm not sure yet how to use this version with remote. In Opera Mobile 10 it was possible to use F1 and F2 and arrowkeys.

Here my post about Opera 10: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...refoxintegrator-48903/index14.html#post721443

Attachments

• operamobile11_1.png
    operamobile11_1.png
    686.9 KB

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
AW: [perfect HTPC browser] Opera Mobile 11 for Windows

did you get flash videos/ flash plugin to work?

nice info, thanks

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    UI wise it looks great, but I don't think we'll see Flash and Silverlight for it, which takes away alot of the functionality.

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, Flash or other plugins will not work.. But it's great to browse the web and read some forums :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom