Perfomance problems: video playback/record stutters (1 Viewer)

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
May 13, 2005
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
You can set the virusscanner to exclude the directory where you have your timeshift files. This will give you a little performance gain. But the videocard should give you the most performance gain.

nanders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 11, 2006
    Denmark
    Still struggeling

So i tried moving the movie files onto the mediaportal machine. Before they were loaded via network from a Linux Samba box.

But still the video playback is not smooth.

Tried the Mpeg2Dec instead of Nvidia purevideo, but i can't see that it should make any difference when playning DivX or Xvid files.

These use there respective codecs or rather in my case vobsub in order to get subtitles.

Anyway as a sign of desperation i have order yet another graphicscard, a MSI NX6200AX-TD256 GF6200.

So it must be down to the cpu now. Maybe I should look for a real P4 instead of the cheap Celeron crap.

At the moment i have given up on DVB-S watching/timeshifting/recording. That dosn't perform at all. I think i need a much faster CPU, harddrive and maybe more memory before that is going to work.

Now my goal is to just get it running playing DivX and DVDs and music. Music is fine ofcourse... :)

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2006
    Denver, CO USA
    Just an FYI...
    I have MediaPortal running on my brother's 5500 graphics card and my 9600se. My 9600se machine has a 2400+ cpu and the 5500 system has a 2.8GHz. They work fine for DVD resolutions so I'm guessing you have another problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom