Performance issues (1 Viewer)

o0X0o

Portal Pro
August 19, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
MyFilms currently takes a painfully long time to load (maybe 2 or 3 mins), and it seems to be my database (.xml created by AMC).

Once it's actually loaded I can skim through the list of movies, select one to see details, and then play the movie at expected speed. Returning to the list from the details screen however, causes the same unusual delay. There's no error and it happens with 4.8.0c on multiple MediaPortal installs.

I don't remember exactly when the issues started, but I pointed the plugin at an old database (with about 50 less movies in it), and the performance was back to what you would expect.

I can't see using something like 'beyond compare' is going to help becuase there's obviously significant changes to the database to include the details for 50 movies, so does anyone have any thoughts on invalid charachters etc that might be causing this? Any other thoughts...?

I find it unusual that the plugin config screen says the database is valid and there is no error at any point, just a significant delay (that's greatly affecting the WAF!).

Cheers

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I have 200+ movies in my database and I havent that problem. Cant help

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I have over 300 movies, with no performance problems.... Which version of AMC are you using, perhaps try the latest version. Also, which skin do you use...perhaps its a skin problem?

ftothe3

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    600 in my database. no performance issues for me. the problen seems like an invalid character in your database or something along those lines. try looking in the mediaportal logs.

o0X0o

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Thanks guys, quick update - the current database has 630 movies and is 1.7Mb. The backup without the performance issues has 580.

Current AMC version is 3.5.1.1 but I see there's now a 3.5.1.2

o0X0o

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    SOLVED - one of the movies didn't have a relative path for the picture (and the image wasn't at the location defined)... I changed it to a relative path and performance is back to normal!

Thanks for your time and suggestions. Seems strange that this would cause a delay when launching the plugin, rather than just when selecting that movie (which is when the image needs to be loaded).

Now if I can just get a fix for the fanart flickering it'll be like Christmas!

Adonis001

September 16, 2005
    SOLVED - one of the movies didn't have a relative path for the picture (and the image wasn't at the location defined)... I changed it to a relative path and performance is back to normal!

Thanks for your time and suggestions. Seems strange that this would cause a delay when launching the plugin, rather than just when selecting that movie (which is when the image needs to be loaded).

Now if I can just get a fix for the fanart flickering it'll be like Christmas!

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem but i don't understand how you solve this bug.

Can you explain ?

thanks

o0X0o

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    The short version, is that the picture path would ideally be relative ("picture = <image>.jpg"), and an error on my part meant the path for one of the movies ended up as ("picture = \\<ipaddress>\<share>\<image>.jpg").

In my case, the IP address had changed so it couldn't find the file. Why this caused a delay in opening the database is anyone's guess...

AMC has an option to 'use relative path if possible', and I assume that's what most people use. I found my misconfigured movie as I noticed the delay (albeit not nearly as bad) even in AMC. I cheked the database xml in notepad and found the "picture" attribute for that movie was not relative (as described above).

Hope that helps, but happy to elaborate if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom