Persisten Progress Bar when playing bluray iso with only one feature (1 Viewer)

NightOwl69

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
If I play a bluray iso from within Moving Pictures where BDHandler doesn't prompt me to select a feature I now get a persistent progress bar that doesn't disappear even when the movie starts playing. I'm running virtualclonedrive 5.4.5.0 to mount the isos. If BDhandler prompts me to select a feature the problem doesn't occur.

If i try to play such an iso from within videos I get an error message 'unable to play" but i also get the persistent progress bar.

This has only started happening since I updated about 4 plugins via the extension installer that were released in about the last month. I've since upgraded to the latest version of MP (1.2.2) and SteamedMP to see if it would resolve the problem. I was previously running MP 1.2.1.

Please let me know if you need further information. Any help appreciated as this is obviously making my ability to play a great deal of my movie collection impossible via MP and any other way is just second rate once you've used MP.

I've attached my logs as suggested.

MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP-1.7.5.3066
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi NightOwl69

Looks like BDHandler is throwing an exception:

2011-12-30 00:39:19.954090 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: BDHandler: Exception while reading bluray structure Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Server stack trace:
    at BDInfo.TSPlaylistFile.LoadStreamClips()
    at BDInfo.TSPlaylistFile.Initialize()
    at BDInfo.BDROM.Scan()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.BDHandler.BDInfo.Scan()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.BDHandler.Player.BDPlayer.scanWorker(String path)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
    at System.Func`2.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.BDHandler.Player.BDPlayer.doFeatureSelection(String& filePath)

I can't be sure if that is causing it but it would at least be a good idea to get the maintainer of BDHandler to check it out.

mm

NightOwl69

Portal Member
    September 4, 2007
    Thanks mm1352000, I appreciate you taking a look at it for me. I'll put a post into the BDhandler thread pointing back to this one.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Persisten Progress Bar when playing bluray iso with only one feature

Could you post a screenshot?
    Maybe this is also a skin issue? Does this also happen with DefaultWide Skin?
    Hopefully someone can help!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have a semi fix for that in my own build it seems happening sometimes when anydvd analyse disc (it disconnect quickly and send event remove/insert) and sometimes here the issue occurs.

The fix was added a long time ago by tourette for something else but is quite similar for here (i have adapted it) and for now i seems to didn't appear.
    I can't right now create a bin for that because it was link to other patch.

But if you can compil Git MP, you can try my build (to see if it's better for you)

NightOwl69

Portal Member
    September 4, 2007
    Holzi
    Could you post a screenshot?
    Maybe this is also a skin issue? Does this also happen with DefaultWide Skin?

Screenshot attached from beginning of a movie that causes the problem using DefaultWide Skin so its not specific to a skin.

Sebastiii
    I have a semi fix for that in my own build it seems happening sometimes when anydvd analyse disc (it disconnect quickly and send event remove/insert) and sometimes here the issue occurs.

I've disabled AnyDVD on the virtual drive as it was causing some problems with images of some of the kids discs like the Wiggles so I doubt your fix will resolve the issue, thanks all the same.

Attachments

• Persistent Progress Bar.jpg
      Persistent Progress Bar.jpg
      45.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom