Picture Breakup when viewing recorded TV but not in Movies or TV Series (1 Viewer)

Hylus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 11, 2012
    Hi,

I'm experiencing picture breakup when viewing some recorded TV programs. However, if I copy the TS file from the PVR folder into my TV Series folder then, when I watch the same file in MP-TV Series, it plays back just fine. The client is running on a separate PC to the sever and they are connected by Gigabit ethernet which has been tested to have a good throughput.

In a specific file I've been using for testing there is bad breakup at roughly the same point each time the clip is viewed (during a BBC HD Ident) as a recorded TV file. Viewing this same file outwith the TV Client/Server never has any breakup at this point.

I'm wondering if the TV Client & Server use RTSP even for recorded shows while obviously MP-TV Series just pulls the file over the network. If this is the case then I presume that my problem must somehow be caused by RTSP and maybe my Server's ability to stream in this way.

SD recordings are always fine.

Has anyone else discovered this and is there a workaround?

Both the TV Server and MP Client PCs are running MP 1.2.3.0
    Playback uses LAV filters 0.54.1.0 (with the LAV Filters TsReader_noStopMod63b for MP1.2.3)

Many thanks,
    - Hylus

Hylus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 11, 2012
    I'm sorry to have wasted everyone's time but, having done some further digging, I've discovered that the TsReader Splitter seems to be used for recorded TV playback which explains the different experience when watching via the TV Server and the file directly. However there is an option in the TV Client setup to reduce stuttering which I somehow managed to miss before posting!

Having enabled this option the problem has almost completely gone away.

Many thanks,
    - Hylus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom