picture quality (1 Viewer)

johnna

Portal Member
October 15, 2005
hi

Was just wondering about what the picture quality should be like through mp. Should quality through mp be just as good as going through normal sky to tv via scart. I have nvidia geforce 6600gt, latest cvs, hauppauge 150,intervideo drivers.

I have noticed the colours going through mp or mce arent as sharp as through scart. Also the quality of something like friends is very good but then something like eastenders or coronation street the smoothness of the picture isnt as good, difficult to describe but its almost in slow motion like the frames arent being shown as quick and a bit of motion blur. This happens on both mce and mp

Anybody got any thoughts

john

kamrat

Portal Pro
May 24, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
I also have the 6600gt hooked up to my projector and also to my CRT through the s-video output. After experimenting a bit with drivers and codecs I have managed to aquire a very pleasing picture quality over both VGA and s-video.
I would say that picture quality on the s-video output is equal or better than live tv through the same crt-set.

The problems you have sound like they are related to codec problems.
Try downloading the Nvidia pure video decoder.

johnna

Portal Member
October 15, 2005
thanks for the reply, i am currently connected to my lcd through dvi which should be ok. What nvidia version drivers are you using?

As i mentioned watching something like friends apart from the colour the picture is ok, but something like eastenders/coronation street (uk progs) there is a bit of a motion blur.

Can you tell me what other settings you use for picture quality?

cheers john

petteram

Portal Pro
November 4, 2005
Norway
I`m joining in on this one. Got my Fujitsu Siemens Myrica 32"LCD tv yesterday and hav the same blur on tv-playback. MP skin is perfect and so is DVD playback. I have Happauge 500mce tv card , Nvidia 6200 and Nvidia codecs installed. Maybe its only a setting?

priit

December 14, 2005
I too am puzzling with TV/DVD picture quality. I am using the Happauge 150 TVcard, RADEON X300 videocard. Signal is output from DVI.
Both the TV signal and DVD signal have poor color quality and I can not find a way round it. No matter if using MCE or MP.

I am comparing with the quality of my panasonic DMR-ES10 DVD recorder and it just is totally different level.

How to improve it?

johnna

Portal Member
October 15, 2005
i improved my quality by changing the refresh rate from 70 to 60mhz. This made a very very big improvement

john

priit

December 14, 2005
I am not sure it will help. I suspect lame colours in video are somehow linked to video processing as desktop, applications and other computer images are OK.

priit

December 14, 2005
petteram said:
I fixed it in Nvidia settings. Look in color settings, there is a slider for sharper picture. Set it to about 50%. TV got perfect:)

You can also correct colors that way, but this might lead to oversaturated computer images that were looking just fine before. The question is how to inprove just the video performance.
Yesterday I installed this component, the picture improved quite a bit, but still not as vivid as the panasonic picture.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=53761&package_id=59355

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom