Picture slide show while playing music (1 Viewer)

JuanC2

Portal Member
February 19, 2012
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi everybody

Don't know if this is the place to post it.

I'd like to see my photos showing while I listen music. Specifically I'd like to run the windows scrolling pictures screensaver while playing music (as I can do in Windows MediaCenter).

Someone told me this screensaver runs in \Windows\ehhome\ehshell.exe /screensaver. I also found a screensaver in the net that plays the pictures this way: http://www.photoscroll.net/

Is there a way to make it run in MediaPortal while listening music?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As far as I know it's not currently possible, however you could try one of the following;

1. If you can find a winamp visualization or windows media visualization that does photo slideshows
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/3_Music

2. Use fanart handler disable scraping + aritst/album thumbs, then set default backdrop for music to a folder containing the slideshow of images you want and use the now playing screen.

3. Play music, then goto My Pictures and start a slideshow

Last edited:

PrplHaz4

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the response kiwijunglist. I wasn't able to find any photo screensavers that had the same/as good of an effect.

I did, however just stumble upon this method mentioned here:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/614068/g...ver-to-be-the-system-screensaver#post_8940540
    1. Download Screen Launcher 1.0
    2. Find the .scr file and right click/install
    3. Configure screen saver to run the following command:
    Code:
    C:\\Windows\\ehome\\ehshell.exe /screensaver

Also, ran across this screensaver, that purports to have similar functionality to the actual MediaCenter screensaver/photoshow.
    http://www.photoscroll.net/

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That's really interesting, There are a lot of requests about picture slide shows during music playback. I'm going to sticky this thread and move it to the pictures forum section until someone has a chance to add this to the wiki

PrplHaz4

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Home Country
    ack, in my preliminary testing, I can't get the screensaver to trigger the windows screensaver when playing music or listening to streaming music - haven't had the chance to do any thorough testing though.

Thanks for the attention kiwijunglist!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can you launch the ehshell manually?

C:\\Windows\\ehome\\ehshell.exe /screensaver

I notice you have extra \ 's

If I try to run it manually on my PC I get this error

Untitled.png

I'm running Win7 Pro X64, so I assume it includes MediaCenter, however I've never tried to run MC before on this PC.

Last edited:

PrplHaz4

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Home Country
    Yup, I can launch it fine using the run dialog box, as well as the "Preview" function in the windows screensaver dialog box.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Keep me up to date with your progress, my HTPC is currently in pieces due to a failed BIOS flash (I got a new motherboard today). When I get this time I will try and get this going on my HTPC so I can add to the wiki. It might even be worth while persuading someone to create a process plugin for the music section that will invoke the screensaver in the now playing screen. Is media center bundled with Win7 standard edition?

PrplHaz4

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Home Country
    Keep me up to date with your progress, my HTPC is currently in pieces due to a failed BIOS flash (I got a new motherboard today). When I get this time I will try and get this going on my HTPC so I can add to the wiki. It might even be worth while persuading someone to create a process plugin for the music section that will invoke the screensaver in the now playing screen. Is media center bundled with Win7 standard edition?

Ok, will do!

MC is bundled with Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate (NOT Starter or Basic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom