Pictures screen saver in mediaportal? (1 Viewer)

theotg

Portal Member
September 15, 2010
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hi all,

I installed mediaportal a few days ago, and I have a question - can I somehow use a picture screensaver when playing music? I know other media center softwares allow it, but couldn't find it in MP. I have 160GB of pictures there, and I really like them on my plasma...

Thanks!
Oren

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue2wide
Windows Version: Win7 x64
CPU Type: Intel Atom N330
HDD: WD 1.5TB
Memory: 2GB DDR3
Motherboard: Asus AT4IONT-I
Video Card: Built in nVidia ION
Video Card Driver: Latest nVidia driver
Sound Card: ION
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: Latest nVidia
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC-HC
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC-HC
h.264 Video Codec: MPC-HC
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: 3RSystems MStation 3000
Cooling: Passive
Power Supply:
Remote: iMon
TV: Panasonic P50V10
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

theotg

Portal Member
September 15, 2010
Home Country
Israel Israel
not a bad idea, but not available currently

Not even as an external plugin or something? Having a plasma screen, I'd hate to ruin it with a static picture, so either I turn it off, or I close MP and use Winamp and let the Windows screen saver work...

Oren

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Maybe not what you're after, but you could start playing music from a playlist, then go to pictures and start a slideshow. I do this a lot :)

theotg

Portal Member
    September 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Maybe not what you're after, but you could start playing music from a playlist, then go to pictures and start a slideshow. I do this a lot :)

Nice workaround... :D

The thing is - I have about 100,000 pictures there, and just the best in a specific folder to do the screensaver from. Didn't find a way to do that yet (Found it in BOXEE, XBMC and Win7MC :()

Oren

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The pictures I use I have cropped to a 16:9 format and put in a specific folder. Then I have mapped this in MP config to get easy access.

So would it help if you mapped the spesific "best picture" folder in MP config (under pictures-folders). That way you find it easily :)

theotg

Portal Member
    September 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    The pictures I use I have cropped to a 16:9 format and put in a specific folder. Then I have mapped this in MP config to get easy access.

So would it help if you mapped the spesific "best picture" folder in MP config (under pictures-folders). That way you find it easily :)

Sorry to nag...

I'd like to have all my pictures accessible from within MP, but only a specific folder used in the slideshow. Are you suggesting I always navigate to it for the slideshow or something else?

Or, do you suggest I map both in the configuration, and use one as "All pictures" and one as "Slideshow selection" (a.k.a. top 10,000 :D)?

Oren

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Well, for me the easyest way is to map both the main picture folder where I have all my pictures (to have access to all my pictures), and the one that I use for slideshow purposes, you could of course map several folders, for easier access if you prefer :)

I know this aint the smoothest way, but for me it works pretty well..

I'm afraid you have to navigate to your slideshow folder each time, but it might be possible to map a key on your keyboard/remote to go to that folder?

theotg

Portal Member
    September 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Well, for me the easyest way is to map both the main picture folder where I have all my pictures (to have access to all my pictures), and the one that I use for slideshow purposes, you could of course map several folders, for easier access if you prefer :)

I know this aint the smoothest way, but for me it works pretty well..

I'm afraid you have to navigate to your slideshow folder each time, but it might be possible to map a key on your keyboard/remote to go to that folder?

Cool, I'll do that.
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom