Pictures screen saver in mediaportal? (1 Viewer)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi :)

You can also save a music playlist in the best-picture folder. Call it folder.m3u.
    Then when you start a recursive slideshow from that folder, the music auto-start.

Not a screensaver, but nice indeed.

Larzon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You can also save a music playlist in the best-picture folder. Call it folder.m3u.

:cool: Totally cool. I was not aware of this.

Here is how I have mine set up... really simple.

Method #1
    The Windows slideshow screen saver is set to start after 1 minute of inactivity. (You can use any other screensaver if you don't have pictures on machine.)

You can start music playing in MePo, and 1 minute later the slideshow starts.

BTW Make sure the Welcome screen is disabled, that way you can just press a remote button to see MePo again. (Or you could enable Welcome screen if you don't want kids messing with system.)

Method #2
    An alternate method, which works on my plasma TV but not my LCD monitor, is to keep Windows screen saver on slideshow but at the normal time setting (say 5 minutes).

In MePo config > General > Screensaver
    enable the Idle timer for, say, 30 seconds,
    and check Blank the screen.

On the TV this causes the Windows screensaver to start after 30 seconds. I think this works because the computer cannot blank the screen in the way it does with a computer monitor. Anyhow, it works. Benefit on this method is your screen saver delay during other activities (such as web browsing) remains at normal (5 minutes).

Disadvantage of these methods is adjusting volume will cause interruption of slideshow until another minute elapses.

theotg

Portal Member
    September 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Israel Israel

:cool: Totally cool. I was not aware of this.

Here is how I have mine set up... really simple.

Method #1
    The Windows slideshow screen saver is set to start after 1 minute of inactivity. (You can use any other screensaver if you don't have pictures on machine.)

You can start music playing in MePo, and 1 minute later the slideshow starts.

BTW Make sure the Welcome screen is disabled, that way you can just press a remote button to see MePo again. (Or you could enable Welcome screen if you don't want kids messing with system.)

Method #2
    An alternate method, which works on my plasma TV but not my LCD monitor, is to keep Windows screen saver on slideshow but at the normal time setting (say 5 minutes).

In MePo config > General > Screensaver
    enable the Idle timer for, say, 30 seconds,
    and check Blank the screen.

On the TV this causes the Windows screensaver to start after 30 seconds. I think this works because the computer cannot blank the screen in the way it does with a computer monitor. Anyhow, it works. Benefit on this method is your screen saver delay during other activities (such as web browsing) remains at normal (5 minutes).

Disadvantage of these methods is adjusting volume will cause interruption of slideshow until another minute elapses.

But this puts me back in square one:
    1) The Windows screensaver doesn't start at all (it is set to start after 1 minute and play pictures from that folder). Maybe it is because the MP setting is not to blank the screen?

2) The slideshow in MP is not recursive, so it doesn't play my favorite folder. How do you make it recursive?

Thanks,
    Oren

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    2) The slideshow in MP is not recursive, so it doesn't play my favorite folder. How do you make it recursive?

There is a button for SLIDESHOW and there is a button for R.SLIDESHOW. The R is for recursive.

theotg

Portal Member
    September 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Israel Israel

There is a button for SLIDESHOW and there is a button for R.SLIDESHOW. The R is for recursive.

Funny :oops: My version is translated - apparently someone didn't know what the R stands for, and wrote it as "reversed" :D
    I'll definitely give it a try.

What about the Windows screensaver? Can it be seen from MP?

:D

Oren

Larzon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    1) The Windows screensaver doesn't start at all (it is set to start after 1 minute and play pictures from that folder). Maybe it is because the MP setting is not to blank the screen?
    Try this to allow the Windows screensaver:

MediaPortal Config > General > Un-check Keep MediaPortal always on top

I have four different machines set to use Windows slide show in this manner, and there are no problems.

theotg

Portal Member
    September 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Try this to allow the Windows screensaver:

MediaPortal Config > General > Un-check Keep MediaPortal always on top

I have four different machines set to use Windows slide show in this manner, and there are no problems.

I'll try, I just hope it doesn't mess up my remote control somehow...

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom