Pinnacle 300i install on Media Portal (1 Viewer)

alessio78

March 18, 2006
First of all, hi to everyone.
I'm trying to install Media Portal on my PC, but i have problem with my Pinnacle 300i.
When, using Setup Wizard, i try to found channels, Media Portal found only Digital Channels and not Analog Channels.
With the Pinnacle Media Center everything works.
Please someone can help me on it? i'm going to be crazy..... :-(
thanks a lot.

alessio

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Not totally sure as I dont have this card but Im sure since its a software hybrid, youll have to add more than one card. In configuration you should be able to add another card other than the dvb-t part. Looking in the wiki it doesnt list the analogue part as supported but since the software card 'restructure' its lacking a bit of detail. It may or may not require support to be added.

merlin29

Portal Member
    March 12, 2006
    Since one of the last cvs's , it seems that support for software decoding cards have been removed, so that you only can use the dvb tuner of your 310i. The analog part of the card won't work anymore for now.
    You also can come back to a previous version, and then add the S/W pinnacle analog.... as said callifo.
    I tested it and could make it work with mine. But i dropped it, because i prefer use 2 DVB-T tuners and the last version of MP.

alessio78

March 18, 2006
    Thank you for reply

hi callifo and merlin29.
    thank you very much for the quickly reply.
    i will try installing an old MediaPortal version....
    do you know a card that have Digital and Analog tuner and that is perfectly compatible with Media Portal?

Thank you again.

Alessio

merlin29

Portal Member
    March 12, 2006
    Sorry no, since the digital/analog hybrid cards i could test have no hardware encoding for the analog part.
    You still can use a hauppauge pvr card for analog and svideo capture under MP, wich have hardware encoding, and use another digital dedicated card for TNT (one usb2 and the other pci worked fine for me ).
    I just don't know if there exists or wil exist a digital/anolog hybrid card with hardware encoding for the analog part. Maybe some do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom