Pinnacle PCTV2 Not recognized (1 Viewer)

connel

Portal Member
February 18, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: -
Video Codec: -
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 1800+
Memory: 511 MB
Motherboard: M848A (ECS)
TV Card Model: Pinnacle PCTV 2.0
TV Card Type: External USB
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Radeon 9200 Series (64 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: C-Media AC97 Audio Device
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

I have installed MediaPortal ok but it has not regognized my TV card. I have a Pinnacle PCTV USB2. I have installed Pinnacle Vision and can receive tv through this program. (It was on the installation CD that came with the tv card). Can anyone help me as i would also like to use the remote control that came with the tv card to use MediaPortal. Sorry if the answer to this question is obvious but i have only just bought my tv card and it is the first time i have had one and i dont like Pinnacle Vision. Thanks for reading.

connel

Portal Member
February 18, 2006
Help!

I am having difficulty setting up a graph for my Pinnacle PCTV USB2.
I dont know which BDA Capture & Tuner Filters i should use.
The article i was directed to said that my BDA Capture & Tuner Filters should be under the BDA Receiver component and BDA Source Filters fields.
There is something called BDA Slip De-Framer under the BDA Receiver component section but it has two output pins and wont let me link it to the Microsoft DVBT network provider. The BDA Source Filters field is empty.
There are however 2 other fields I looked at. They are WDM streaming TVtuner devices and WDM streaming capture devices. In the WDM streaming TVtuner devices field there is a PCTV USB 2821 TVtuner but when I insert this filter it also has two output pins. They are called anolog video and analog audio. Under the WDM streaming capture devices field there are three things. There is a C-Media Wave device, PCTV USB 2821 Audio and PCTV USB 2821 Capture. I inserted the PCTV USB 2821 Capture filter and it wouldnt connet to either the DVBT network provider or the PCTV USB 2821 TVtuner
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

illorca

October 10, 2005
ITA
You have to copy'n past it to your CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file under MP directory.
Then restart MP configuration and add TV device.
I hope you can use PCTV USB2 becouse I can't with or without this update.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm working with someone to try and get it working with the Pinnacle Media Center encoders - but they're sh :!: t.
    It's now called the Pinnacle 100e btw.

fyi, I wrote that 'unsupported' code too.

DMAN

connel

Portal Member
    February 18, 2006
    dman_lfc said:
    I'm working with someone to try and get it working with the Pinnacle Media Center encoders - but they're sh :!: t.
    It's now called the Pinnacle 100e btw.

fyi, I wrote that 'unsupported' code too.

DMAN

dman_lfc have you had any progress?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes we dropped the possibility of using the Pinnacle Encoders in favor of generic software Encoders from CyberlInk & InterVideo.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom