Pixel Errors / Artifacts on certain Channels (1 Viewer)

Fragtality

Portal Member
October 28, 2007
FFM
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Community!

I've Problems on certain channels (Pixelation/Artifacts): VOX HD, RTL2 HD, SuperRTL HD. Other Channels (e.g. DMAX HD, SAT.1 HD) are working flawless. LiveTV or Recordings doesn't matter.

First I tried to test, if the cause is my unicable router (Technisat Technirouter 2x/1). But even without it (completly disconnected) I have the exact same errors on the problematic channels. If anyone asks if the second tuner has the same problems in unicable mode: the second tuner did not get a signal at all. (to be correct: the tuner which is assigned to the second unicable band)

So now in "normal/legacy" mode without the unicable router I could test with the SAT Tuner in my TV (with the same CAM, with exact the same cable) and the amazing thing is: there are no problems. All channels, including the problematic ones, are working flawless.

So the problem is my HTPC. Has anyone an idea what could cause such a problem only on certain channels?!

Fragtality

Portal Member
October 28, 2007
FFM
Home Country
Germany Germany
so certain channels don't have that effect but others do?
do you remember which version was installed before?

couldn't have thought that codecs might be an issue - thought they were working (or not) regardless of which channel is tuned

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

So now in "normal/legacy" mode without the unicable router I could test with the SAT Tuner in my TV (with the same CAM, with exact the same cable) and the amazing thing is: there are no problems. All channels, including the problematic ones, are working flawless.
    No surprise here.
    Tuners have different "sensitivity".
    In other words, some tuners can receive weaker/stronger signals that other tuners can't receive.
    The fact that the TV doesn't have a problem doesn't necessarily mean that your PC tuner should be okay.

Anyway...
    TV Server log files will be needed if you'd like to receive assistance.

bart666

Portal Member
    November 28, 2009
    i tested it now without LAV. i tried ffdshow. same issue.

Another thing is, that from time to time my tvcard LED went to red, the picture stands and than to green and I can restart TV

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom