Platform related and Data execution prevention problems (1 Viewer)

midiboy

Portal Pro
March 14, 2005
Hi !

MP did work fine on my older system (Intel 865PE chipset, NVidia 5700 video card, AGP) but on my new system (Nvidia Nforce 4, Ati X1600XT, PCIe) MP somehow scews up.

With default settings, MP does not even play any kind of video, the configuration app does not even start up (click on it, nothing happens).

If I add Mediaportal and the configuration app to the DEP (Data execution prevention) exception list, then they at least start up and work somehow.

This should not be necessary, after all DEP is active by default on all newer systems.

Still, even when added to th exception list, watching TV is more like a slideshow and gets worse after time. Using VMR9 renderless, have tried VMR7. Intervideo decoders. Dscaler works fine so the problem is not with the drivers also ZoomPlayer plays videos with VMR9 windowless and renderless without any problems.

I am using a Hauppauge PVR500 by the way and MP 0.2. RC2.

Luckily recording seems to work fine :lol:

Thanks for your help !

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to reply here.
Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to...
I switched to MePo 2 with the release of MePo 2.1.1, and in the last months I focused on learning the program and fine tuning it...
Replies
Views
Interesting... I am getting genre ifo in the epg even with the genre mapping disabled and that is available to map for genre mapping in MP1 TV-Config where all previously mapped (mostly english language genres) had question marks against them. See the screenshot below showing the colours now reassigned following mapping to the new...
Interesting... I am getting genre ifo in the epg even with the genre mapping disabled and that is available to map for genre...
Hi. I like to introduce our latest tool, called "EPG-Buddy". This program should make EPG grabbing as easy as possible. Up to now a...
Replies
Views
Sure thing, RoChess! Take your time. Some things do have priority over others...
Sure thing, RoChess! Take your time. Some things do have priority over others...
The IMDb+ scraper-script and plugin combination for Moving-Pictures is the first scraper to support custom options, allowing you to...
Replies
Views
Thanks! Yes I read that later, about Channel mapping..I will edit my post for that later tonight. About removing the CI assignments, may be this helps, I do not know, but right now all channels seem to work OK though.
Thanks! Yes I read that later, about Channel mapping..I will edit my post for that later tonight. About removing the CI...
Hi folks, Since I could not find any complete tutorial for the installation of my new Digital Devices (DD) DuoFlex C/C2/T/T2 V3...
Replies
Views
DC12V is the correct power. The LC8808 is a 3-channel constant current LED drive with resumable data transfers and internal display patterns. There are three open-drain constant current outputs, with a build-in PWM of gray scale. The range of input power is from +9V to +15V, and voltage-endurance of LED port is +12V. There is a...
DC12V is the correct power. The LC8808 is a 3-channel constant current LED drive with resumable data transfers and internal...
Introduction Over time there have been many Windows alternatives to Atmowin and under Linux there is Bobilight however there is...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom