Play A Movie With External Player (1 Viewer)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello,
    I would like to know if it is possible to have MP have a Play and a Play With External player option under each movie.
    Why i want it?
    I finally managed to play full untouched 3D bluray .m2ts and .ssif files with Stereoscopic player and i am more than happy with the result. I also managed to configure MediaPortal to use Stereoscopic Player in an almost seemless way each time i launch a 3D file. Now the issue (there is always one :) ), MediaPortal itself is able to play the actuall 2D version of a 3D movie if you just try to play a .m2ts file that has both the AVC left eye and the MVC right eye, it will only play the left eye from the .m2ts container. What i did is a rule within MediaPortal to use external player only for .mts extension this way i rename all my 3D movies to .mts and when i press play, they launch with the external player but when the file has the .m2ts extension they launch with the internal player. What i would like to have is an option to decide which version of the movie i want to see, 2D or 3D. Cause right now if i want to watch the 2D version i have to rename the file to .m2ts and if i want to watch the 3D version i have to rename it to .mts and force an external player this way.

So is it possible to have the file always keep its extension and instead add a sub context menu within the play button so that the user can decide if he wants to watch a movie with either internal player or external player.
    Thanx in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom