3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Viasat "Guld" (on 5°E)
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC16M
    Cooling: Zalman CNPS9500 AM2
    Power Supply: Seasonic S12-430 - 430Watt
    Remote: IMON
    TV: Sharp LC-37XD1E (37" LCD)
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI->HDMI

Im having a hard time with the DVD-player in MP - no matter what setup I pick, there are some HEAVY (unacceptable )drawbacks! :confused:

I would like to use ffdshow as video-codec, but this is not possible, because unless I put on EVR, the screen is just black!!! And I don't really want to put on EVR, as my LiveTv looses significant quality/smoothness!
    -I use PureVideo for LiveTV - in my opinion, by far the best for that!
    (When I DO turn on EVR and use ffdshow, the 'cursor' in the DVD-menu seems frozen, but I can still navigate either with the mouse, or by counting eg. 3 steps down and then press 'enter')

My second codec choice for DVD is PureVideo (unless one of you manage to 'persuade', me there isn't a third choice!) But this is giving me problems as well! If I have EVR on it the same thing with the 'missing cursor' in the DVD-menu (and LiveTv has 'micro-stutters'). If I on the other hand turn ERV off, the MP will crash 9 out of 10 times, when I navigate the DVD menu!
    (i also noticed that when I try to use the Purevideo audio-codec, I don't get any sound!)

I have noticed that you in MP-Setup, can choose the DVD-Navigator you want - but I only ever see "DVD Navigator"! - could changing 'Navigator' be a way to fix it, and how do I do that?!?

Btw my Vista is 64bit (Don't know if that changes anything!)

I really hope you can help, as a HTPC that can't play DVDs is a bit crappy! :(

p.s. I don't want to have to change the MP-setup constantly, as my girlfriend needs to be able to watch (decent) LiveTv AND play DVDs without 'guessing' how to navigate the DVD! :rolleyes:

/MadDuke

warevil

October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am using 0.2.3.0 version with nvidia forceware and xvid codecs. Previous version was working perfectly. I have uninstalled it and without changing anything installed the latest (0.2.3.0). Now i cannot watch any dvd. When any selection is done in dvd menu, mp becomes unresposive. I have to turn off the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom