Play ongoing recording from beginning doesn't work with mpeg as format (1 Viewer)

sogge

Portal Pro
September 24, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
and what do you think to add dvr-ms file format instead of mpg or simply add it as an option. it would it make more congenial to the most mgp video editor programs.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    and what do you think to add dvr-ms file format instead of mpg or simply add it as an option. it would it make more congenial to the most mgp video editor programs.

Many programs support already .ts format. In my opinion we shouldnt even support anything other than that format as its the most complete. And if you check the next generation MCE the dvr-ms format has already been changed to something else (sorry cannot remember what it was. )

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

What, go backwards, as tourettes said, dvr-ms is dead, every other apllication now supports ts (all transmitted stream info).

Regards

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I just have 3 short things to say:

1. Using "mpg" has many advantages. For example, you can just put it on a disk on key (or just SD card) and insert it to most DVD players.

2. Playing recordings while being recorded would add A LOT to the functionality of MP. It is great being able to schedual a recording for your favorite programs, and begin watching them on the time you like, while also being confident that it is being recorded.

3. If VLC can play locked files, then I am sure MP guys are capable of doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom