Play rtsp link or xspf file (1 Viewer)

JohnDoe2000

Portal Pro
July 10, 2007
Hi all,

I havn't found any up-to-date thead for my problem or rather wish. I would like to play a rtsp link or a xspf link of VLC player.

The link I would like to play point to a stream of my ip cam an looks like this: rtsp://user:password@192.168.123.123:123/videoMain

Is is possible to play the stream without reencoding?

Thank you for the response.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Yes, it is usually possible to play RTSP streams without re-encoding as long as the camera stream "container" format is MPEG 2 transport stream. The authentication (username and password) might cause problems though.

Regards,
    mm

JohnDoe2000

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2007
    Hello

Yes, it is usually possible to play RTSP streams without re-encoding as long as the camera stream "container" format is MPEG 2 transport stream. The authentication (username and password) might cause problems though.

Regards,
    mm

Cool. Can you give me an example how and where to configure that?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    First you put an m3u (playlist) file containing the stream URLs in the TV Server IPTV tuning parameters folder (c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbip). m3u files can be opened in any text editor, so you can open one of the existing files to see the format etc.
    Once you have the m3u file with the right format in the right place you can open TV Server configuration and use the "DVB-IP" tuner to scan in the channels:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ver_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/6_Scan_DVB-IP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom