Play trailers directly from movie slection? (1 Viewer)

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hey!

As far i can see now, the trailer function is not very well implemented? When i select a movie in Moving Pictures GUI, and press "Trailer" button. Then i'm send to the OnlineVideos plugin, and have to select which version of the trailer i wan't to see.

As a reference, when using XBMC, i only have to press a button, and then the online trailer is automatically shown directly next to the movie description. No need to be send to another plugin, and then select among 10-20 different trailers.

Is that possible in Moving Pictures? Because i just wanna watch the "best matching trailer" I don't wan't to be forced to selecting among different trailers.. I wan't the trailer to be shown directly next to the movie description in Moving Pictures, just like XBMC. Possible? :)

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
If you press the button on the next screen, when the movie almost starts, you go directly to that movie in the imdb.

That screen is what i'm talking about.

When i see the info screen. There is 2 buttons: "Play", "Trailer"

When i press "trailer" i'm send to a new screen, where i can select among 10-30 different trailers.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hey!

As far i can see now, the trailer function is not very well implemented? When i select a movie in Moving Pictures GUI, and press "Trailer" button. Then i'm send to the OnlineVideos plugin, and have to select which version of the trailer i wan't to see.

As a reference, when using XBMC, i only have to press a button, and then the online trailer is automatically shown directly next to the movie description. No need to be send to another plugin, and then select among 10-20 different trailers.

Is that possible in Moving Pictures? Because i just wanna watch the "best matching trailer" I don't wan't to be forced to selecting among different trailers.. I wan't the trailer to be shown directly next to the movie description in Moving Pictures, just like XBMC. Possible? :)

Other people might prefer to have the option to choose which trailer to play... Yeah it could be improved but it's working pretty well already and your attitude won't help motivating any devs to spend there free time on it.

You're not forced to do anything btw: You can can improve it yourself (it's open source after all).

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Okay sorry. I Just ment to ask if it was possible on the info screen to play a trailer directly, without having to select among many different trailers... In XBMC you can just pres "down arrow" (Or other assigned key) Then a trailer plays directly on the movie info page. At any time you can stop the trailer playback, and hit "right key", or "left" key", to continue scrolling through your movies :) I Just think that's very nice :)

Hey!

Other people might prefer to have the option to choose which trailer to play... Yeah it could be improved but it's working pretty well already and your attitude won't help motivating any devs to spend there free time on it.

You're not forced to do anything btw: You can can improve it yourself (it's open source after all).

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When your in the second screen just before the movie start i press right to go to options screen en from there sekect imdb. I don't press the button.
    This button you refer to was peviously going to that movie in the imdb but that is not working anymore.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Did not notice you opened a new thread, so here goes:

• Step #1: Open movie details inside MovingPictures and select 'Trailer':

MovPic.Trailer.1.jpg

• Step #2: Select one of the trailers:

MovPic.Trailer.2.jpg

• Step #3: Select quality of the trailer:

MovPic.Trailer.3.jpg

• Step #4: Enjoy trailer:

MovPic.Trailer.4.jpg

Now I understand 'your' desire to skip step 2 and 3 and go direct from #1 to #4, but other users (myself included) prefer the ability of #2 as there are many more interesting videos related to a movie then just a single trailer and #3 is useful for when your network is stressed doing something else, so I like to be able to force SD then and not an automatic HD720 selection. Otherwise I'm forced to endure a lot of buffering.

Step 2, 3, and 4 are all done by the OnlineVideos plugin, so if you want to have the option to skip step 2 and 3, you have to ask your question at the OnlineVideos developer (and I would recommend a friendly tone). They have their own thread on this forum and possibly an issue/enhacement-request tracker. It might even be something they are already working on.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @rasmuskarlsen

Ok, you can skip step #3 already:

MediaPortal config -> Plugins -> OnlineVideos (properties) -> 'Sites' tab -> select "IMDb Movie Trailers" -> Change "AlwaysPlaybackPreferredQuality" to "True" and configure the "PreferredQuality" setting to the one you want, such as HD720.

Hi, it's possible choose the language of the trailer? for example, Italian?
    :D

I've never tested, but it might work if you change:

MediaPortal config -> Plugins -> OnlineVideos (properties) -> 'Sites' tab -> select "IMDb Movie Trailers" -> change "Site Util" to an Italian one.

If MovingPictures links to the trailers based on "Site Name", and you leave that at "IMDb Movie Trailers", then it might work, but I would not get my hopes up.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've never tested, but it might work if you change:

MediaPortal config -> Plugins -> OnlineVideos (properties) -> 'Sites' tab -> select "IMDb Movie Trailers" -> change "Site Util" to an Italian one.

Sorry that won't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom