Playback of recorded TV Programmes stops after approx 20 mins (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there all,

I have a problem at the moment whereby if I am watching recorded TV on my client (I run separate client and server) the video playback stops abruptly after about 20 mins of playback. If I select the item to watch again, it does not give me a resume point, but starts from the beginning again. I can then skip through the video to just before the point where it stopped before and it plays fine for another approximately 20 mins and the same thing happens.

So basically, to reproduce the problem all I need to do is watch any recorded TV, and wait...

Clean logs are attached (I say clean, but my iMon plugin is verbose logging for some reason but they are as clean as they can be. The logs will show that I started MP, played the video and skipped to the right point, then waited for the failure to occur, after which I returned to the homescreen and quit MP.

Any ideas??? I am pretty sure this happened with MP1.2.2 and MP1.2.3

Thanks

Robbo100

Attachments

• video stopping.zip
      378 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Can you post a set of matching client and server logs please ?

All that's noticeable in the logs is that TsReader.ax gets 'end of file' - which for RTSP basically means (as far as I remember) 'I haven't received any data from the server for a few seconds'. So it could be client, server or networking issues....

Tony

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    That 20 minutes sounds suspiciously like the windows default timeout for the hdd going to sleep, whatever power plan is enabled, I could be barking up the wrong tree here, but worth a look in case one is active.

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I had a similar issue, never got to the bottom of it, but changing from RTSP to the non-RTSP method appears to have fixed it for me.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Thanks all,

I will try to get some more detailed logs ASAP. I don't think it is the hard drive sleeping, because it doesn't happen with other media (e.g. whilst watching a movie using Moving Pictures).

Robbo100

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I had a similar issue, never got to the bottom of it, but changing from RTSP to the non-RTSP method appears to have fixed it for me.

How do I change to the non-RTSP method?

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Ahem, looks like I managed to edit the wrong file on my PC, so the setting hadn't taken effect. Oops. I'll report back... :oops:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

To summarise the steps required:

If multiseat: Share out your Timeshift folder on your TVServer

Then launch the MePo Config program specifying /debugoptions as a commandline option eg:

"C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Configuration.exe" /debugoptions

This will then launch the config program in debug mode. Under the TV section you should have a new section (debug) in there, you can specify use UNC. Then point it at the local timeshift folder (if single seat) or to the shared directory (if multiseat).

That should do it :)

J.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I thought I should report back. It has been ages since you provided me with the advice here, and I only just got round to finally testing it properly and I believe your suggestion has worked.

After a bit of searching I realised that I had to copy my already recorded programmes out of their sub-folders for the non-RTSP method to replay them. Now that I have done that it all seems perfect.

Thanks again guys!

Robbo100

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom